U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 06-10-2008, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,063 times
Default Help! moving from the UK where to start?

My US husband and I are planning on settling in Nashville but myself being british I am at a loss of where to start looking to live. We are both in entertainment but do like to escape so.......
Here are some pointers for anyone that can help I am sooooo lost!

1. comfy commute to the airport I fly ALLOT
2. comfy commute to the city....
3. Planning on starting a family, so schools etc..
4. pleasant neighbourhood re :young family's
5. price range of $150,000 / $220,000

All in all I just need some county maybe town starter points as it's a big map allot of names and I never am sure which to check!
Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-10-2008, 06:16 PM

6,297 posts, read 14,542,711 times
That's a tough call given all your needs and wants.

I'll throw out Mt. Juliet as a possibility.

If your budget were more, I might suggest Brentwood; but that's going to be way out of your price range. There is an area that some people call "Brentioch" (you won't find that on a map) that's between Brentwood and Antioch that could be a possibility. Part of that area is still in Williamson County, I believe.

Unread 06-10-2008, 06:20 PM

3,537 posts, read 4,632,323 times
I'll second the Mt. Juliet recommendation since you want the easier commute to the airport.

Unread 06-10-2008, 08:21 PM

250 posts, read 644,527 times
Mt. Juliet is definitely where I would look, and Hermitage and Old Hickory...you might check out Donelson as well...just look into the schools there (I'm not familiar with them).

Unread 06-11-2008, 07:43 AM

103 posts, read 201,427 times
Definitely Mt Juliet.

Unread 06-12-2008, 05:29 PM

2,869 posts, read 5,627,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
That's a tough call given all your needs and wants.

I'll throw out Mt. Juliet as a possibility.

If your budget were more, I might suggest Brentwood; but that's going to be way out of your price range. There is an area that some people call "Brentioch" (you won't find that on a map) that's between Brentwood and Antioch that could be a possibility. Part of that area is still in Williamson County, I believe.
There may be some smaller newer homes in the Brentioch area for that price but I know in my subdivision in that area the Prices range from $325,000 for the ranchtype model and up to the Mid $400,000 for the larger models.
You may get $200,000 in some larger models off Nolenville Rd, which have Brentwood Addresses but they are in Davidson county with Davidson county schools. My subdivision is off of Holt/Edmonson but if you go a little further down hold Dress has built some smaller brick homes. I've seen a Forclosure sale in that area, so some may be willing to sell for less.
I've met tons of people from England here.
Diane G
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville