U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2007, 01:44 PM

2 posts, read 7,308 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move to Nashville shortly and wanted to know if anyone could tell me about the Harding Rd-Nolensville Rd- Old Hickory Blvd area. My kids would be attending Tusculum Elementary and McMurray Middle schools and wanted to hear some opinions. Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 11:23 AM

10 posts, read 73,068 times
Nashville is a great city to live in. I've been living there for the past 3.5 years and have loved it though I am moving to NC now for various reasons. I did in-home therapy with families in the area and so I know Nashville like the back of my hand and have been in the worst of the worst areas as well as some of the best areas. Nolensville Rd between Old Hickory Rd. and downtown isn't a place I'd suggest living as it is a little on the unsafe side. However, there are many areas about 1 mile east or west off of Nolensville Rd that are just fine. I'm not prejudice and lived in Mexico for 1.5 years in the past, but this road is considered "little Mexico" as it is predominately Mexican stores and businesses with a higher crime level. Old Hickory Blvd is a nice area as it goes into Brentwood which is a higher class area. The section of Harding Rd at Nolensville Rd is pretty unsafe too. I know a few people living in the apartments at that intersection and there are many breakins and robberies. I lived on Blue Hole Rd for my entire time in Nashville and it is only about 1-2 miles off of Nolensville in Antioch and I never once had any problems. So I'm not trying to say you've picked a bad spot...there are just more bad spots mixed in to this area. Edmonson Pike off of the Nolensville and Harding intersection is a predominately good street too. As far as schools, like most large cities the schools aren't the best. I know more about the high schools, but from my understanding most of the elementary schools are about the same. This is just a quick reply and I can give more info if you want as I probably confused you in my jumbled words. All in all, Nolensville Rd area tends to have a bad rep and a small section of Harding Rd does too. I have a friend living in a home at Nolensville Rd and Tusculum Rd and her family has not had any problems so there are just unsafe areas mixed in in this area...be cautious and scout it out.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:04 AM

2 posts, read 7,308 times
Default relocating to Nashville

Thanks for your response. I have looked at housing on Tusculum Rd and Packard Rds near the I-24 interstate and it appears to be okay. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Nolensville Rd strip seems to have a lot going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or