Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 03:38 PM

5 posts, read 30,540 times

Advertisements

I am a recent college grad with a job in Lebanon starting in August. How is Lebanon for young adults? Should I live in Nashville and commute to Lebanon? If so, where should I look for an apartment on the east side of Nashville?

Any suggestions would be helpful, as I know nothing of the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 04:00 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,203,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erstworld View Post
I am a recent college grad with a job in Lebanon starting in August. How is Lebanon for young adults? Should I live in Nashville and commute to Lebanon? If so, where should I look for an apartment on the east side of Nashville?

Any suggestions would be helpful, as I know nothing of the area.
You might enjoy East Nashville. East Nashville at one time had really gone downhill; but in the past few years it's improved and become a "funky and trendy" place to live. You do have to still be somewhat careful there; some parts are better than others, but if you take your time and ask questions, you should find something that would work for you. Sorry, I don't get over that way very often, so I can't give you any specific apartment recommendations.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:19 PM

5 posts, read 30,540 times
Default East Nashville

Thanks, I will look into East Nashville.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:21 PM

1 posts, read 3,963 times
I've been in Lebanon pretty much my whole life. My ENTIRE family was born and raised there. Yes, there are good qualities to the town. They pride themselves in it's heritage and schools. However, there are a lot of drugs around and I'm not just talking about the projects. The motels near 40 linger with crack dealers and girls as do the ones by the jail. I know the hot spots. Too many family and friends of mine have gone down that road. The police actually keep the busts to a minimum so they can pull up indictments and get more arrests. If you want nice you are going to have to pay for it. They have built a new jail recently plus making renovations like the Star. All sorts of new businesses have came in and new half a million dollar homes down 70. They are, however, in the works to remove one set of projects. You can believe that there are worst places but I would research a little more. Try driving by that house at different times and days. You can get a good feel of what you'll be getting into. Also, keep your eye on the local news. Good Luck!

Old 10-26-2008, 10:14 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,828,160 times
Let me add. I lived just east of Lebanon for four years. I had my work trailer stolen (after they took everything off of it and layed it beside where the trailer was parked. I mowed the grass and didn't put the trailer back beside the big hackberry tree and rechain it to the tree. It was only off the chain one night. The cop that filled out the report told me it was my fault for not chaining the trailer back up!
I had a greenhouse business. I had the entire 50 wall of industrial plastic covering cut down the side from end to end. They took over 500 plants that I was keeping for the next year and to propagate from. I had just given away over 3500 plants for free because I didn't want to throw them out in the compost pile.
I had four snowball bushes stole out of my pickup in the walmart parkinglot on saturday afternoon, I had just bought them and made a last stop before heading home.
One of my neighbors had over 45 chickens and ducks stolen while they were at church on sunday. She had just sold three hens and a rooster to some people that said they were from Lebanon and had wilson county plates on their pickup the tuesday before.
Another friend had his fourwheelers and chainsaw stolen out of his garage in saturday morning, he had left the door up and was in town getting some plumbing parts for his house.
Another friend of ours had her car broke into three times at her apartment complex.
I will stop there but I know many more incidences there in town and out
Oh, I will add one last ripoff at wilson county. The stupid vehicle exhaust inspections you have to pay for every year. Only in wilson and certain other counties of Tennessee. You have to have this, and pass, before you can get a vehicle license plate. That is a sneaky way to make another $10.00 off the residents. Why isn't this either inforced statewide or stopped.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,907 times
Can anyone tell me if Woodland Drive is a nice area of Lebanon? I'd also like to know the status of race relations in Lebanon. I appreciate any help.
Blesssings to all.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,822 times
Post Need some info please

My husband just recently started working for Charter Communications.We are curently living in upstate NY .But want to transfer within a year to one of the companies other locations.They have offices in Lebanon, Clarksville, Columbia, & Tullahoma we would like to be within a 30 min drive of my husbands office any info on any of the towns would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-30-2008, 12:35 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,935,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon971 View Post
My husband just recently started working for Charter Communications.We are curently living in upstate NY .But want to transfer within a year to one of the companies other locations.They have offices in Lebanon, Clarksville, Columbia, & Tullahoma we would like to be within a 30 min drive of my husbands office any info on any of the towns would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You didn't list Cookeville. Of those towns, I'd rather live in Cookeville. Not that those other towns are bad.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:16 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin_14 View Post
Hi everyone! New to the whole forum thing but I've come to find that it's quite helpful. My fiance and I are looking for a home, possibly in the Wilson County area and we found a house that's in downtown Lebanon but I would like to know exactly how crowded, noisy, and/or safe it is there. Can anyone let me know? I used to live pretty close to the public square in Murfreesboro and I know that it could get pretty crazy there sometimes and this house in Lebanon is very close to the public square there as well. It it's as busy there as it was in M'Boro, then we may re-think that option. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

When is it crazy? Everytime I drove thru there it was a ghost town! they roll up the sidewalks at night...

Old 01-01-2009, 04:38 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
You might enjoy East Nashville. East Nashville at one time had really gone downhill; but in the past few years it's improved and become a "funky and trendy" place to live. You do have to still be somewhat careful there; some parts are better than others, but if you take your time and ask questions, you should find something that would work for you. Sorry, I don't get over that way very often, so I can't give you any specific apartment recommendations.

Would you live in Buena Vista? East TN is full of reno-ed craftsman that are like 145 bucks a sq ft..seems a bit pricey...where are all the deals or the greatest appreciation?

and is the FSBO market big in Nashville?

thanks 12buttons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville