U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-07-2008, 06:49 PM

117 posts, read 319,236 times

Advertisements

Nobody else has anything to offer???? Thanks to those that shipped in, I'll be sure to check them out.

Thanks again.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 10:04 AM

2,881 posts, read 3,528,279 times
You might also check out Music Row, around Demonbreun St. It is where all the major recording studios and music business is located. You really can just drive through it...there's not much for tourists to see, really...but it is kinda neat to see where all the music is made.

If you're into history, the Hermitage is worth a visit. It is Andrew Jackson's home. It's about 15-20 minutes outside of Nashville towards the airport. If you're interested in Civil War history, there are 2 great places I'd suggest. First is Fort Negley which overlooks downtown Nashville and is located between the Adventure Science Center and Greer Stadium (minor league baseball field). It's free and gives you a good overall sense of what happened here during the Civil War. The city of Franklin is also a very interesting historical place to visit (as I think someone else already mentioned). The downtown area is very quaint, but the reason I like it so well is that there was a critical Civil War battle fought there. There are 2 historic homes right next to the battlefield sight (Carnton Plantation and Carter House) that are really worth checking out if you're into history.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:27 PM

Thanks DonCorleone,

We will be going to Franklin for sure. Sounds very interesting and Civil War History is fascinating to me. That will be on our list. Thanks!

Old 07-08-2008, 02:55 PM

3,537 posts, read 5,068,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOMUTCH View Post
Thanks DonCorleone,

We will be going to Franklin for sure. Sounds very interesting and Civil War History is fascinating to me. That will be on our list. Thanks!
Seeing that Civil War history fascinates you, be sure not to miss Stones River Battelfield in Murfreesboro. About a 45 min. ride from Nashville but worth it.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,049 times
There is Nashville Children's Theatre, which is spectacular, plus there are lots of amazing places (Dragon Park, Lilly's Garden, etc.) that you can go to for free! I suggest a restaurant called McDoogal's in Hillsboro Village...it has amazing chicken, plus you can shop in the village before then! have fun!

Old 07-10-2008, 09:24 AM

17 posts, read 27,983 times
Default Have fun

We just got back from a trip to Nashville. We stayed in Brentwood at the Homestead Suites...for about $100 a night....and it gives you a full kitchen, living room and bedroom....pool and breakfast...great when you have a family. And depending on the age of your kids....we took our kids to The Children's Playroom right down the street....they are open until 12a on the weekends...and its drop off...so its so flexible and affordable. So it gave us time hit downtown by ourselves. You can't miss Tootie's....we had so much fun there. And we did go to the zoo and the Hermitage...which my kids are 5 and 7...and thanks to the headsets....they were entertained the entire time. We visited Franklin...which is just down the road from Brentwood and enjoyed it there.

Have fun...I loved the city and the people!

Old 07-10-2008, 09:34 AM

17 posts, read 27,983 times
Default missed that

Sorry missed that its just you and the wife. The good thing for us...is that instead of lining up sitters and stuff....we can just as easily take them with us.

My hubby is going down again in August...and I am already freaking jealous I am not going!

Old 07-10-2008, 09:55 AM

3,864 posts, read 6,914,206 times
MUST go to Dumplin's on Main when in Franklin.

Our other must-do is a show at the famous Bluebird Cafe. The Bluebird Cafe for tickets.

Have a great time!

Old 07-10-2008, 11:35 AM

Thanks again to all, I'm taking notes.

Can't wait to get there. My trip is going to be a long one though. I leave on August 3rd and drive with a buddy from California all the way to Albany Georgia (he's moving back to Albany after 20 years in the Fire Dept.). I'll get to spend a day or so with him there before I head up to Atlanta to pick up my wife at the airport and then the fun begins.

Two days around North Georgia, 2 or 2 1/2 days in TN (also going to see Chattanooga and Knoxville) then we fly to Dallas, TX. and spent about 2 days there before heading back home to Ca.

Those are the three States we have considered relocating to. It's gonna be a whirlwind, but should be a blast. I'm excited about the whole trip but am really looking forward to TN.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:48 PM

bump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville