Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 12:02 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,006,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
It is like that ANYWHERE. There are parts of Murfreesboro that I wouldn't want my wife to walk alone through.
I don't think there is anywhere in Hendersonville that would be considered unsafe for a female to walk alone.

Granted, I'm not saying there is no chance that anything bad could ever happen here, but there is also nowhere in town that is known for being a trouble spot.

With that said, I don't think that Hendersonville would suit what the OP is looking for, but I thought this was worth pointing out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 08:37 AM

597 posts, read 2,101,444 times
OMG, you mean after 50-plus years of thinking I live in East Nashville (Inglewood), that I've been sequestered into an enclave of indeterminate label? I am in North Inglewood. I have always been in East Nashville, and I'm NOT removing the bumper sticker from my truck because some have decided to protect their self-subscribed elitist ranks by banning those in ranch houses.

Much of the "new" East Nashville is merely Imfromanywherebuthereville. Just keep having yard sales and leave the long standing boundaries to us homies.

Now, where were we?

Old 07-24-2008, 10:48 AM

933 posts, read 2,732,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IngleDave View Post
OMG, you mean after 50-plus years of thinking I live in East Nashville (Inglewood), that I've been sequestered into an enclave of indeterminate label? I am in North Inglewood. I have always been in East Nashville, and I'm NOT removing the bumper sticker from my truck because some have decided to protect their self-subscribed elitist ranks by banning those in ranch houses.

Much of the "new" East Nashville is merely Imfromanywherebuthereville. Just keep having yard sales and leave the long standing boundaries to us homies.

Now, where were we?
...well said, well said...bravo

Old 07-24-2008, 05:08 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,713,005 times
Read their list-serv sometime. They separate themselves from us.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
Read their list-serv sometime. They separate themselves from us.
Okay, a certain Inglewood moderator does have some serious issues. I've heard a lot of people want to get rid of her. Not sure why she still going strong. That's only one individual. The store Alegria wanted to do bumper stickers for the 37216 zip that are similar to the 37206 ones (ex: 37206, over the river and through the hood) and she tried to post on the Inglewood list serve for ideas but mod-nazi wouldn't let her because her business was not in Inglewood. Freakin childish on both sides sometimes...

Last edited by yank283; 07-25-2008 at 11:38 AM..

Old 07-25-2008, 04:53 PM

597 posts, read 2,101,444 times
I agree yank. Serious issues and very censorial, but hey, if you lose your kitty, hold a knitting class or yard sale, or have problems with Piggly Wiggly....she's your gal.

Hopefully, someone, someday soon will tell IngleRelic her tactics aren't appreciated. And certainly no fun.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:38 PM

Comments have been made here as well, and they have nothing to do with lost kittens or yard sales.

It's more a case of some people in 37206 are very territorial about their zip code, and those of us in 37216 are not considered East Nashville. I don't have a problem with where I live, I live in Inglewood because I choose to live here. But be aware that there are people out there (not all) that have a problem with it.

I don't post much on the Inglewood site, but it is her list-serv, so she's the boss-lady there.

Also, Alegria's owner is a man, Bil Breyer.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
Comments have been made here as well, and they have nothing to do with lost kittens or yard sales.

It's more a case of some people in 37206 are very territorial about their zip code, and those of us in 37216 are not considered East Nashville. I don't have a problem with where I live, I live in Inglewood because I choose to live here. But be aware that there are people out there (not all) that have a problem with it.

I don't post much on the Inglewood site, but it is her list-serv, so she's the boss-lady there.

Also, Alegria's owner is a man, Bil Breyer.
It wasn't Bill that was posting it was a female, possibly an employee or friend. I'm aware that some people have issues with the two, but most of my friends over here (they all live in Lockland Springs, Edgefield, and Eastwood Neighbors, and a couple in McFerrin Park) don't have a problem with it. I guess most of them are professionals who have better things to do than bicker about who's a real East Nashvillian, lets face it most of us are posers anyways. I would hazard a guess that Inglewood Dave is the only real mccoy that at leasts posts on this website.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:25 PM

""I would hazard a guess that Inglewood Dave is the only real mccoy that at leasts posts on this website.""

Meaning what ?

I've posted on this forum for a couple of years.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:43 AM

Meaning you weren't born and raised in East Nashville...ummm...I mean Inglewood... I REALLY don't want to start a flame war (whatever the that means) here with you or anyone else here...peace out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville