U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-24-2007, 02:02 PM

63 posts, read 219,603 times

Advertisements

Wow glad to find a forum on this subject - so many questions
Considering Franklin, Brentwood, Nashville area - considering selling our home and coming without jobs - but would rather do some exploratory interviews first.: Not sure weather to purchase or rent first would like a neighborhood that is interracial in climate or at least balanced need to be near music industry minded.... but still require a great sense of community - have 16 yr old and 9 yr old a dog and some fish - husband a MONSTER guitarist - Will need work - both of us entertainers (wedding band) etc - will also be looking for a Church-home. Does anyone think the above mentioned areas are a good fit? We won't know anyone so we are hoping for a friendly place to settle.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2007, 09:59 AM
rSm

7 posts, read 17,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapingFaith View Post
Wow glad to find a forum on this subject - so many questions
Considering Franklin, Brentwood, Nashville area - considering selling our home and coming without jobs - but would rather do some exploratory interviews first.: Not sure weather to purchase or rent first would like a neighborhood that is interracial in climate or at least balanced need to be near music industry minded.... but still require a great sense of community - have 16 yr old and 9 yr old a dog and some fish - husband a MONSTER guitarist - Will need work - both of us entertainers (wedding band) etc - will also be looking for a Church-home. Does anyone think the above mentioned areas are a good fit? We won't know anyone so we are hoping for a friendly place to settle.
Sullivan Farms is a great neighborhood in Franklin. It has some of the best public schools in the Nashville area.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:07 PM

Hey thanks for the response! I will definately check it out. Going down in April to take a looksee!

Old 02-03-2007, 10:28 PM

60 posts, read 226,909 times
A word of advice - RENT first! I've lived here all my life and absolutely love it! But my experience has been that not all New Yorkers want a slower pace as much as they think they do. Most love it here, but a few find it too slow. What if your kids hate it and you get stuck with a house? What if your house is in a area where they hate the school? Rent first to give yourself more flexibility.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:43 PM

156 posts, read 500,247 times
Hi..
I just moved to Franklin from San Diego....My husband is also an awesome guitarist....he'd be happy to chat about it with yours. The music scene is different than CA...for sure...We bought a condo in the Cool Springs area...and am happy...we are getting to know the area....them might buy a home when we know more.
I am totally turned around...having some issues with directions....have been lost alot...
you can email me directly and I will send you my husbands email address if interested...
shellybroward@yahoo.com...
oh...everyone is very friendly!!

Old 02-07-2007, 07:12 PM

27 posts, read 60,938 times
Default Rent first!

Even as a Realtor, I highly recommend you rent first. When I first moved here from San Diego 5 years ago, I was clueless as to where to live (and I didn't have to worry about a husband or kids then). If you rent first, you'll be able to get to know the areas and ascertain what will work for you or not. For example, I loved my last neighborhood, but the schools were awful (something I have to worry about now), there was no starbucks and the nearest restaurants that appealed to me were at least 10 miles away. The next time we looked to buy, we knew what we were looking for. Yes, prices are going up, but I think it would be worse to buy something just for the sake of buying something.

If you want to talk about the areas, feel free to e-mail me at toristamps@comcast.net. I'd be more than happy to chat with you about it.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:30 PM

100 posts, read 240,474 times
Default Don't Feel bad Blueeyes721

Don't feel bad about the directions thing. When my husband I moved from San Diego to Georgia I was turned around without the ocean to use as a my West point of reference. We are on the coast of Georgia and now I have the ocean as my East point of reference. When I get into the middle of the state I am totally lost. We are looking to re-locate to the Nashville area this spring so I am sure I will have a hard time. All my friends in San Diego say tht when they get away from the ocean it is the same issue. I guess you can't take the California out of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyes721 View Post
Hi..
I just moved to Franklin from San Diego....My husband is also an awesome guitarist....he'd be happy to chat about it with yours. The music scene is different than CA...for sure...We bought a condo in the Cool Springs area...and am happy...we are getting to know the area....them might buy a home when we know more.
I am totally turned around...having some issues with directions....have been lost alot...
you can email me directly and I will send you my husbands email address if interested...

Old 02-16-2007, 12:32 PM

Default turned around

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyes721 View Post
Hi..
HAHHAA I am totally coming down with my GPS!!! Won't find me wandering around in the dark! I get lost in my own town! directionally challenged
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville