Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 06:17 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,623,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in TN View Post
Steve you are like the one person who doesn't mind the Murfreesboro-Nashville commute. It's brutal for everyone else.
It's probably because I am originally from northern NJ, right near NYC, and I have a completely different definition of what traffic is. To me, the Murfreesboro to Nashville ride isn't bad at all. It just depends on what you are used to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 09:10 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,581,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
It's probably because I am originally from northern NJ, right near NYC, and I have a completely different definition of what traffic is. To me, the Murfreesboro to Nashville ride isn't bad at all. It just depends on what you are used to.

Being from Dallas originally, I feel that the layout of roads here suck! Sure there's less population in the Nashville metro area than Dallas,
but there seems to be traffic everywhere here. I commute from M'Boro to Nashville by the airport everyday, and it's not so bad, just quite a bit of volume.
Most of these people just need to learn how to drive, and quit weaving in/out of traffic going 90mph, but I digress

Old 08-20-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Being from Dallas originally, I feel that the layout of roads here suck! Sure there's less population in the Nashville metro area than Dallas,
but there seems to be traffic everywhere here. I commute from M'Boro to Nashville by the airport everyday, and it's not so bad, just quite a bit of volume.
Most of these people just need to learn how to drive, and quit weaving in/out of traffic going 90mph, but I digress

I agree with you. Well said!

Old 08-26-2008, 07:10 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
Quote:
I know what you mean. My husband took a commuter bus from Downtown NYC at 5pm, and did not get home until 7 or 8pm to Central NJ. In the morning he left before rush hour so made it in , in 50 min.
The afternoon is what I call traffic!

Diane G

Old 08-26-2008, 08:07 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,549 times
woops..you kinda lost me when you said good commute to downtown..no such animal - get a condo downtown. That should do it - you'll have to compete with serious sidewalk only...good luck...ditch the car I say...

Old 08-26-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I know what you mean. My husband took a commuter bus from Downtown NYC at 5pm, and did not get home until 7 or 8pm to Central NJ. In the morning he left before rush hour so made it in , in 50 min.
The afternoon is what I call traffic!

Diane G
Diane - I feel so bad for your husband!!! I never did the NJ to NYC commute, but never uderstood how people could actually stand doing it day in and day out. Man, I love Tennessee!!

Old 09-03-2008, 10:51 AM

31 posts, read 77,578 times
it really depends on what you want to spend on housing. the areas you mentioned are all very different and offer different things. we live in franklin and really enjoy it. we have a large house in 1 acre of land yet we are close to everything we need. it is a very safe area and we are very comfortable with the public school system. my hubby commuted to nashville and although there was traffic, he could make it in 30 min. or so to the bell south building right in downtown. i commuted to green hills and it would take me approximately the same time, depending on when i left in the morning.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:31 PM

286 posts, read 804,524 times
Thanks everyone for your advice. I have pretty much narrowed it down to: Pleasant View, Ashland City and Mt. Juliet. I will be down there next week to go on some interviews and look at houses. My official move is in 3 weeks so I am very excited to be getting out of yankee land and back home in the south.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:20 PM

187 posts, read 623,252 times
Check out the Crieve Hall area too. Also houses around Nipper's Corner are a good bang for your buck and you can get into town in 20 minutes or less. Franklin around Hillsboro Road is also a good option as well as Bellevue. Good Luck...you will love Nashville.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:15 PM

7 posts, read 53,164 times
Quote:

From PA... near Trenton, Philadelphia and NYC. Moved to the area 2 years ago. Have to agree with Steve... M'boro traffic is not all that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville