Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 03:24 PM

286 posts, read 804,636 times

Advertisements

What is the local paper in Nashville?

Also, employment wise:

Do you think I will find more opportunities through the paper rather than careerbuilder, monster, dice, etc?

Do you think me having an out of state phone number is hurting me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 03:33 PM

231 posts, read 869,336 times
The Tennessean...

the paper has some jobs not listed on some "job sites" like for example monster....

and no, I don't think not having a local number is hurting you. A no local address on the other hand could hurt.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtnFire View Post
The Tennessean...

the paper has some jobs not listed on some "job sites" like for example monster....

and no, I don't think not having a local number is hurting you. A no local address on the other hand could hurt.
No, I am using my cousin's address on my resume so the local address thing isnt an issue.

I am going to get a subscription to The Tennessean...does anyone know the best subscription to get?

Wednesday and Sunday

or

Saturday and Sunday

Which would have the biggest listing of jobs?

Old 08-18-2008, 04:24 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,545,726 times
I'm pretty sure all tennessean help wanted are also posted on careerbuilder.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:16 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,047 times
tennessean.com | Middle Tennessee Classifieds (http://data.tennessean.com/v2/bin/classifieds/ - broken link)

Old 08-18-2008, 07:36 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
I'm pretty sure all tennessean help wanted are also posted on careerbuilder.
Suprisingly, not all of The Tennessean help wanted ads are on Carrerbuilder or Monster. And Hotjobs is horrible! I would recommend using the newspaper and internet sources. I doubt an out of state phone # would hurt you because many people move here from out of state and take awhile to have their cell #s changed. So, you can live here, not have a landline, just a cell, and have it be an area code from another state easily.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:54 AM

97 posts, read 376,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoi View Post
What is the local paper in Nashville?

The Tennessean

Also, employment wise:

Do you think I will find more opportunities through the paper rather than careerbuilder, monster, dice, etc?

the paper is the best

Do you think me having an out of state phone number is hurting me?
My husband and I went through this same exact thing. We applied for jobs over and over through Careerbuilder without getting a response. I truly beleive it was because we did not have a local address. As soon as we moved here, I hooked up with a few different recruiters and landed 5 interviews within 3 days and got several job offers. If I had to do this all over, I would have contacted a recruiter closer to my move date and had interviews lined up. I did get responses from my Careerbuilder applications after I moved - that is why I say the local address makes a difference.

Good luck!

Old 09-08-2008, 08:27 PM

26 posts, read 53,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoi View Post
No, I am using my cousin's address on my resume so the local address thing isnt an issue.

I am going to get a subscription to The Tennessean...does anyone know the best subscription to get?

Wednesday and Sunday

or

Saturday and Sunday

Which would have the biggest listing of jobs?
Anyone know the answer to this question. I am looking at getting a subscription as well, when I move. Which has the most classified, coupons, things like that?

Old 09-08-2008, 09:05 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbaseball View Post
Anyone know the answer to this question. I am looking at getting a subscription as well, when I move. Which has the most classified, coupons, things like that?
The Sunday edition of The Tennessean always has the most classifieds, as well as a lot of coupons.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:40 AM

Well I got the Sunday only subscription sent to my house here in VA until I move and while it is a decent paper overall, the lack of jobs in the IT field in the classifieds is really disappointing. I might see 1 or 2 jobs for IT in there at max. If you are into health care, trucking, and stuff like that then there are TONS of listings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville