U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:18 AM

156 posts, read 285,777 times
This incident took place at the Bell St lot, where it seems most students want to park. When I take Raider Xpress during the day, I see the other lots having MANY open spots! I do not understand why the students do not just park in one of those other lots (Rutherford, Livestock, etc) and just take Raider Xpress around campus?!?! I absolutely love that the campus has Raider Xpress considering the weight of my backpack and needing to get from the Rec Center over to Peck Hall most days.

As school gets more into session (versus being just in week 2 now) it is amazing to see the number of students who either don't read the signs or just don't care and park in the white areas with their green tags. I know the citations cause me to think twice before parking in an area I shouldn't.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:22 AM

1,717 posts, read 4,594,896 times
The RX just isn't a hit for some reason. Most students probably have no idea what times it loads/unloads. That's their fault though.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:39 AM

2,301 posts, read 3,962,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I agree with you Mary. I am on the same listserv as Diane and too have heard of the parking incident. Isn't it about time that MTSU started focusing on positive changes to parking? Isn't it time that MTSU fixed huge annoyances like the parking issue so that the students could focus on learning and not have the stress of parking?

I would feel a little better about the ridiculous amount of citations issued for parking if I knew that the collected revenue was going toward more parking spaces or somehow fixing the problem.

Murfreesboro should also get involved as MTSU's problem here is an embarrassment for the city. M'boro has a lot on the ball and they could surely help MTSU with this as MTSU can't seem to solve it on their own.

MTSU has a lot on the ball but the parking woes are an obvious detraction from their program. Come on MTSU, face the issue. You wanted to have the most undergrad students in Tennesssee; you have that now. With that goal came responsibilities; it's time you live up to taking care of your problem. What a horrible reflection on your institution that it has come to your students being hurt and criminally charged. You are an accessory to this.

::: off soapbox now :::
There isn't a college campus in the United States of America that doesn't have parking "issues." It's just a fact of life when you're in college.

When you throw thugs into the mix is when you get situations such as the aforementioned incident.

Vanderbilt parking is no picnic, but you never hear about stuff like that happening, because with the exception of the occasional football player, they don't admit hoodlums into their school.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:40 PM

12,341 posts, read 17,147,873 times
This thread has gone way off topic and inappropriate. To reiterate the OP, good luck to all MTSU students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville