U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-08-2008, 01:49 PM
 
20 posts, read 31,482 times
Reputation: 10
Default Madison

Could anyone tell me if Madison is a nice place to live? Is it a safe neighborhood and exactly what part of Nashville is it in? East, West, South?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-08-2008, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Madison
408 posts, read 814,346 times
Reputation: 233
It depends where you are in Madison. West of Gallatin Road is pretty nice, especially around Graycroft, along with Neeley's Bend. East of Gallatin Road is more unpredictable.

Madison is north of Nashville, past Inglewood but before Goodlettsville, around the Old Hickory exit on I65.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,301 posts, read 4,143,123 times
Reputation: 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by netter View Post
Could anyone tell me if Madison is a nice place to live? Is it a safe neighborhood and exactly what part of Nashville is it in? East, West, South?
Thanks
Stay away. Overall, it is a bad part of town. There is a smattering of decent areas in Madison, but trying to locate them is like trying to find the clean parts of a dirty armpit. You're better off looking into other parts of town like Bellevue and Hermitage. If you don't mind being a little further out in the suburbs, check out Hendersonville, Brentwood, Franklin, and Mt. Juliet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Madison
408 posts, read 814,346 times
Reputation: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Stay away. Overall, it is a bad part of town. There is a smattering of decent areas in Madison, but trying to locate them is like trying to find the clean parts of a dirty armpit. You're better off looking into other parts of town like Bellevue and Hermitage. If you don't mind being a little further out in the suburbs, check out Hendersonville, Brentwood, Franklin, and Mt. Juliet.
Pimpy can never pass up an opportunity to trash Madison, though he doesn't live here.

fwiw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 03:24 PM
 
297 posts, read 732,524 times
Reputation: 157
Is Prince's hot chicken in Madison? Is it in a shady area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 03:43 PM
 
Location: Madison
408 posts, read 814,346 times
Reputation: 233
Prince's is south of Madison -- south of Briley -- on Dickerson. The area around there is a little dicier, but like so many cities, there are gems tucked away in the unlikeliest of places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2008, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Florida
2,301 posts, read 4,143,123 times
Reputation: 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad fiddler View Post
Pimpy can never pass up an opportunity to trash Madison, though he doesn't live here.

fwiw.
I don't live in Compton or East St. Louis either, but I think I can still safely tell people that they are bad areas. If anyone is skeptical of my claims because I don't "live there" (for good reason), feel free to check out Metro crime stats for zip code 37115 and let the cold hard numbers speak for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2008, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Madison
408 posts, read 814,346 times
Reputation: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I don't live in Compton or East St. Louis either, but I think I can still safely tell people that they are bad areas. If anyone is skeptical of my claims because I don't "live there" (for good reason), feel free to check out Metro crime stats for zip code 37115 and let the cold hard numbers speak for themselves.
Again, Madison is very large. Don't judge the entire town by the problems in a few areas. That's like judging all of Nashville by what happens in North Nashville.

My neighborhood is safe, and so are the neighborhoods of other Madison residents who post here.

btw, I'm waiting for the day when Sumner county starts posting its crime stats online like Davidson County does. Aren't Brian Hurst and David Smotherman from Hendersonville? Wasn't there a major pot bust there today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2008, 05:23 PM
 
256 posts, read 601,906 times
Reputation: 34
I live in white house and I really like it here...you dont hear about alot of crime here its about 10-15 mins to madison....
As most plp I would live in madison but thats just the areas that I have been in, Ihave not been in all of them so Sorry to be a quick judge. We all do it just by a few places we have seen we are quick to judge just by what we have saw, or heard...But I say go look for you self, and make the decision your self...dont rely on us to make it for you..bc as you can see we all have different views on the area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2008, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
3,537 posts, read 4,988,064 times
Reputation: 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by bran_smith View Post
I live in white house and I really like it here...you dont hear about alot of crime here its about 10-15 mins to madison....
As most plp I would live in madison but thats just the areas that I have been in, Ihave not been in all of them so Sorry to be a quick judge. We all do it just by a few places we have seen we are quick to judge just by what we have saw, or heard...But I say go look for you self, and make the decision your self...dont rely on us to make it for you..bc as you can see we all have different views on the area
Very well said Bran. You can use us a sort of a guide, but when you get a huge range in opinion, the best path for you to take is checking it out yourself. All I really know of Madison is Gallatin Rd. and I know I cannot make an accurate jusgement based on that alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top