Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 02:34 PM

6 posts, read 13,115 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I saw some mention of the Cardinals in a recent thread here, and I remember from my previous tenure in Nashville that there seemed to be a fair amount of Cardinals fans around Nashville...

So I was wondering if anyone knows of any "Cardinals bars" around Nashville. I guess by that I mean, is there any place that shows their games? I know of a "Cubs bar" around town (Red Door Saloon), so I thought maybe there could be a Cardinals one somewhere too. Anyone happen to know? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 03:33 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
You might have saw a reference to the Cardinals in one of my posts. I'm a Cards fan.

I don't know of a bar that's a special hang-out for Cardinal fans. Most of the dedicated baseball fans here tend to be either Cubs, Reds, or Braves fans. One of the bigger sports bars might just show the Cardinal games on one of their TV's.

I have MLB/TV, so I watch the games at home.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:54 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times
Damn right !

Go Redbirds !

It's actually a pretty decent mix of Cards, Reds, Cubs, and Braves fans in Nashville.

The Redbird Nation IS repped here though ! Only a 5 hour drive to the greatest fans in baseball too !

Old 09-11-2008, 05:30 AM

6 posts, read 13,115 times
Yea, I thought there was some representation here...at least I know I've seen people wearing Cardinals hats or shirts (I guess that doesn't necessarily mean they're fans though).

Old 09-11-2008, 07:16 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwellokay View Post
Yea, I thought there was some representation here...at least I know I've seen people wearing Cardinals hats or shirts (I guess that doesn't necessarily mean they're fans though).
I don't know anything about any sportsbars or anything. I usually work during the week pretty late hours and I'm married to boot so I don't get to many bars or clubs. During the weekend I'm usually glued to College Football or doing yard/house work and I'm a Titans season ticket holder so Sunday's are out too, Atleast when it counts ( August/September/October ) I've made several trips up to the New Busch though in the last few years. That place is amazing.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:09 PM

187 posts, read 623,252 times
Some of the places around Nashville that show a variety of the games are the Corner Pubs in Green Hills, Bellevue, and on Broadway as well as Jonathans, Sam's in the Village and all the Hooters. Grew up loving the Redbirds...have fun!

Old 09-12-2008, 11:42 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwellokay View Post
By the way, you might want to catch a Sounds game when the Memphis Redbirds are in town. It's not the major leagues, of course, but you can sometime see a future major league player on his way up (or on his way down). I guess the last really big name to play for the Sounds was Prince Fielder. There was no doubt he was headed for the major leagues.

The Sounds are usually a pretty good AAA team, although not this year. If you ever want free tickets, let me know. My office get several season tickets every year and a lot of them go unused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville