U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 07:34 PM

4,679 posts, read 5,208,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I cannot emphasize more how overexaggerated the Murfreesboro to Nashville commute is.
You must be a VERY patient person.

I get really pissed off each morning getting on Vietnam Vets before I even merge onto 65. I've been in the I-24 into Nashville from Antioch a few times before and would NEVER live on that side of town because of it. I hate traffic and Nashville has some pretty bad drivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 07:44 PM

3,537 posts, read 5,127,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
You must be a VERY patient person.

I get really pissed off each morning getting on Vietnam Vets before I even merge onto 65. I've been in the I-24 into Nashville from Antioch a few times before and would NEVER live on that side of town because of it. I hate traffic and Nashville has some pretty bad drivers.
No, I am anything but a patient person. I'm one of those rude abrupt transplants from New Jersey. The traffic can become heavy, but unless there is an accident, it keeps flowing. I have lived in Murfreesboro since 2000 and I am yet to get aggrivated at the daily drive. Before moving to Murfreesboro, my wife and I lived at Meadowood in The Villiages off Murfreesboro Rd. in Antioch and it took me longer to get down Bell Rd. and under 24 past the mall to our apartment than it did to get down to Murfreesboro.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:13 PM

4,679 posts, read 5,208,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
No, I am anything but a patient person. I'm one of those rude abrupt transplants from New Jersey. The traffic can become heavy, but unless there is an accident, it keeps flowing. I have lived in Murfreesboro since 2000 and I am yet to get aggrivated at the daily drive. Before moving to Murfreesboro, my wife and I lived at Meadowood in The Villiages off Murfreesboro Rd. in Antioch and it took me longer to get down Bell Rd. and under 24 past the mall to our apartment than it did to get down to Murfreesboro.
I moved up here from Florida in 2001 to Madison and man, I-65 was under construction from Dickerson rd through the Madison exit and man, I almost had a stoke.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:33 PM

3,537 posts, read 5,127,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
I moved up here from Florida in 2001 to Madison and man, I-65 was under construction from Dickerson rd through the Madison exit and man, I almost had a stoke.
Back then, my dentist was in Goodlettsville. I HATED the ride to his office up 65. The construction never seems to end.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:29 AM

27 posts, read 39,986 times
Well everyone my wife and I just came back from Nashville yesterday and we had a ball.Just being down there was a blessing and we visited Murfreesboro,Mt Juliet,Brentwood(our hotel was there)Madison,Hermitage and Hendersonville.Next time we come down there we are going to look at Franklin,Bellevue,Syrmna and a few other spots.ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!With you guys help we were able to go to a few places that you named.I was impressed with Brentwood(my wife likes it.)I liked Murfreesboro,but also took a liking to Brentwood.Wasn't feeling Madison,didn't see enough of Hendersonville to make a decision,but when we come back down we will look a little more.The traffic is the only drawback for me,but I think my wife and I can get over that.Oh we have to visit the Vandy area also.Nashville is beautiful,friendly and fattening(LOL)I have to find YMCA or a reasonable gym to stay in shape if we move down there.BEAUTIFUL CITY...and thank you guys for making it easier for my wife and I.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:52 PM

Hey everyone.

My wife loved Nashville and found out that a few of our church-members lived and went to school there(Tennesse State.)Nashville is wonderful and we can't wait to come back.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:46 PM

You mentioned your other posts; I haven't read them so if you mentioned where you might be working I missed it. That would make a lot of difference to me about where I would start to look for an apartment.

We haven't found jobs down there yet,but we are looking and both our resumes are out there.We both are looking into going to school down in Nasville also.Hopefully something comes up.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 PM

2,866 posts, read 6,190,934 times
My son is still applying to every customer service job he can find here. He;s even applying to entry level ones at less pay, and he is not entry level.
He wants to leave NJ in the worst way and is getting so frustrated finding a job here. We just changed his resume to my address so he could have a TN address. We are hoping that works.

Diane G

To the op. good luck in finding a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville