Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:18 PM

187 posts, read 621,154 times

Advertisements

I am a Nashville native and worked for years at Vanderbilt and part of my job was to help with relocation of professors from other countries. I had several from the university at Milan who would come here to live and I can guarantee you, they loved it and didn't want to return but had to due to visa issues. They worked at Vandy and lived within walking distance. They hung out in Hillsboro Village and felt completely safe to walk around the area at anytime. There are several parks near this area as well as being in walking distance to Music Row. This is an area where there are thousands of college students out and about at all hours of the day and night. Now, that is not to be said that there is never any crime in this area but it is very limited and you will have to be smart about your surroundings at all time. I live in Green Hills and we have very little home invastions, murders, etc. However, we have lots of purse snatchings because people come to the area and do not pay attention to their surroundings...they think they are safe and the criminals prey on people who don't pay attention and are not smart. However, having traveled all over the entire planet...I wouldn't live anywhere else in the world....Nashville has absolutely everything you could ever want.....except a beach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 09:21 PM

187 posts, read 621,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad fiddler View Post
Thanks for the links. That's one of the reasons why I don't understand the "Why aren't the cops arresting criminals instead of drivers" argument. First, they are going after crime, but more important is the simple fact that we're statistically far more likely to die or be injured from crazy behavior on the road than by random crime.

In twenty years in and around Nashville I've never been the victim of a crime, but three times in accidents that were clearly the other drivers' fault. One of them was a drunk driver -- my car was totaled in a busy intersection. The other two were inattentive drivers who plowed into the back of my car.
In 45 years of living in Nashville, I have never been a victim of crime either.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:53 AM

46 posts, read 145,701 times
Thank you all for your answers...Hope they could help me to let me choose for the better....even if the better would be not to come to Nashville.
I have many italian friends who are studying abroad: London and New York.
They tell me are safe if you don't go to certain areas of those cities and to some venues which can be full of drunken people taking drugs also expecially in the posh clubs.
Now they told me in London within a short time will be forbidden to drink alchoolics in the tube ,tube stations, on buses.....thing which will make going around in the evening much safer.
In 3 years I've been living in Milan , some ROM little guys stole me the mobile phone and the wallet once only just outside the tube...But it happened because I haven't been carefull to my own bag.And Milan is the Italian city where there are more murderers and violences of women of all...even more than the wellknown criminal Naples...I've been carefull not to go to some areas of the city and not to go around it in the evening all alone.But also in Milan there are some streets in the same areas which are not safe....U have to know which ones you have to avoid.

For sure houses invasions with people striked to death in their head are not on the pages of our newspapers daily. I've always felt safe at home there and in the other towns I live in here in Italy.

Why all these houses invasions there????Your doors and windows are not having safe precautions to avoid those happenings????

That's a pity because America is a so beautiful country ..with a wonderful language...and being scared of coming to a city because of the criminals is so so so so sad.
Italy is a wonderful country for sure....but actually things are not going for the best here...Euro made the living here too much expensive and the biggest cities has got proibitive costs if you wanna rent an apartment in a safe area...over the costs of the food which is really really high!!!!!!!! People started to go outside the city to buy food directly from the productors in the farms to pay it less.And what about all the people coming from east Europe( Romania,Bulgaria,Polonia,Albania,Macedonia,Jugosla via,Moldavia)which are for the most illegal ones and not coming here to get a job...They're making our country more violent...there is a sort of invasion...We're not racist...but they're not for the most good people..I don't wanna to generelize ..But stats talk here...Of course also Italian are not all good people...Can assure it....and it's wellknown around the world about our problems with the organized criminality in our country.But as we have our own problems...why to add further ones....They should let enter Italy only the foreign people which are going to have a job and yet know where are going to work before coming or which come here to study. All the rest: BACK OUTTA ITALY.

By the way....If anyone would go on writing one here more infos about the beautiful Nashville I'll be very very glad.

Thank you all.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:55 AM

I just got the infos there are many condos which are gated and aparments with security allarms in west nashville.
Is that true??

Anyone can name some condos within an average/high (not luxury condos please...they're too expensive) coast in Downtown Nashville and Westend , please?
Is the 2nd Avenue crossing Church street a good area to live in???
What about GermanTown?

Thank you

found one in Hillsboro which name is GARDENS OF HILLSBORO VILLAGE.
Anyone can tell about it and about the area please?

Last edited by mbmouse; 09-22-2008 at 10:33 PM..

Old 09-22-2008, 12:06 AM

26 posts, read 118,305 times
Well, Hendersonville is only about 20 minutes away from Nashville. A very reasonable commute since the crime is very low. Its actually a kind of a joke there that hendersonville police officers have nothing better to do than harrass the local teenagers. :-) Pretty much your run of the mill upper-middle class community.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:12 AM

261 posts, read 620,061 times
It's completely safe. You'll only die from boredom there....

Old 09-22-2008, 01:32 AM

Hey keepthefaith..... (this nick thinking to Bon Jovi's song??????)
Where completely safe ?!?!?!??!
Hendersonville???????

Old 09-22-2008, 05:17 PM

51 posts, read 300,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthefaith View Post
You'll only die from boredom there....
Prove it!

Old 09-22-2008, 05:49 PM

What about condos in cool springs??????

Old 09-22-2008, 07:17 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,587,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middletnjoe View Post
Prove it!
Boredom, in regards to the area in which you live, it all about what you are used to and what you want. One man's boredom is another man's peace and tranquility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville