Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 09:12 AM

5 posts, read 11,139 times

Advertisements

the best way to find friends is getting back to church..but dont go for just that reason that's not what church is all about. make JESUS your best friend first and his will for you. "to some the goliath in there life is too big too hit...to others he"s too big too miss" 5 rules to being happy
1-free your heart from hatdred & anger..
2-free your mind from worries.
3-live simply.
4-give more..
5-expect less..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 12:08 PM

228 posts, read 528,544 times
Happy Thanksgiving forum folks.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:32 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,332,110 times
Went to the 12th South Winter Warmer (beer festival) at Sevier Park yesterday. Awesome experience, lots of good brews, lots of happy people.

I was happy to see some of the smaller Nashville and Tennessee area breweries represented. One of my favorite brewers there was actually from Sparta.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:03 PM

201 posts, read 320,034 times
My father in law is coming down after Christmas for a visit and he's lately really become a big fan of micro-breweries. What are some of the names I should be looking for and how widely available are they?

Old 12-12-2011, 11:55 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
Definitely have him check out Yazoo. Their brewery/taproom is located in the Gulch and is worth checking out. It's widely available at grocery stores, many convenience stores, and at some bars around town. I'd say Yazoo is the king of micro-brews around here. I'm a fan of the Pale Ale, but you'll also see Dos Perros around along with the Hop Project. They also have a Sly Rye Porter, and usually have a seasonal beer too. Finally, there's a high alcohol beer called Sue that is hard to find, but interesting...it's a stout, but has a real smoky taste to it.

He may also want to check out Blackstone's on West End. It's more of a brewery/restaurant. They have very limited distribution outside the restaurant.

There is a new brewery run by 2 ladies...I cannot find the name of it right now but will keep looking for it.

Finally, there is an artisan distillery that has opened up in the former home of Yazoo called Corsair Artisan Distillery that he might be interested in.

I would recommend that he go to the Flying Saucer located right behind Union Station and the Frist Center if he wants to find a bar with lots of selection of both local, domestic, and international beers. I think they have something like 100 beers on tap.

Good luck and let us know if you have any questions!

Old 12-12-2011, 08:05 PM

201 posts, read 320,034 times
I will look around to see if I can find some Yazoo here.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:23 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,332,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids78 View Post
My father in law is coming down after Christmas for a visit and he's lately really become a big fan of micro-breweries. What are some of the names I should be looking for and how widely available are they?
Don covered it pretty well. Yazoo is widely available in the market...pretty much any grocery and convenience store carries them...and a lot of bars carry them now, too. To me, Yazoo is a decent (not great) brewery...but I'm happy to support them because they are local. Their Hop Project, Rye Saison and Sly Rye Porter are among my favorites of theirs...you can occasionally find them in stores (usually available in the mixed 12 pack called the "Pleasure Chest"...which can be found at Kroger/Harris Teeter/Publix)...my favorite overall is Sue, which can be found in liquor stores (it's got a higher alcohol content).

Blackstone (on West End) has been brewing for a pretty good while. Some of their products have recently become available (American Pale, Kolsh, Porter, Brown Ale)...their APA is pretty good. Their porter is solid. If you can get your hands on the Oatmeal Stout (maybe only available at their brew pub), get it...it's good.

The brewery opened up by the two girls (Jackalope) that Don mentioned is alright...but they're still in their early stages. I don't know where you can find them.

I recently found out about Hamilton Creek Brewery. It's located off of Bell Rd in Antioch. I don't know if they are open to the public or not...but they seem to be a dedicated sort of home brewing group. The website bills them as a "trailside" brewery.

Calfkiller is a bit away from Nashville in Sparta, TN...but their stuff is awesome. If you feel like going on a field trip, I don't think you'll be disappointed by their brews. The link I provided tells where you can find their stuff. According to the Saucer's website, one of Calfkiller's beers is available here (as well as a host of other local/regional ones, as Don mentioned).

If you want to grab a beer and some food, check out Cool Springs Brewery in, you guessed it, Cool Springs. It's located off of Mallory and Cool Springs Blvd near the movie theater. Their pizza is pretty good, too.

Boscos has been around the game a while, too. They're out of Memphis, but have a locations in Cool Springs (off of Carothers) and Nashville (Hillsboro Village)...also a good place if you want beer and food.

And I second, third, and fourth Don's suggestion for the Flying Saucer. Even though it's a chain, it's one of the best beer lover's bars I've ever been to.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:11 AM

328 posts, read 568,802 times
Default Happy Friday everyone..

Heard y'all had some snow fall and schools are closed...How much snow did y'all get and anyone have any pics to post? Have a great weekend!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:30 AM

328 posts, read 568,802 times
Looking at webcams, it looks like roads are clear and hardly anything on the ground?

Old 01-13-2012, 10:40 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
Very light snowfall...I live north of town and we got a little more than a dusting, but probably less than a full inch. It's a very dry snow I think, it didn't compact and refreeze on the road surfaces, so it shouldn't last long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville