U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 03:58 PM

26 posts, read 138,480 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating to Nashville from Birmingham. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find furnished and cheap, I mean CHEAP housing in the Nashville area. Even the "not so pretty (or safe) areas" are fine. Some circumstances are arising that leave us on a very tight budget and maybe without a vehicle until we get settled and employed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also are there many jobs available in the auto body, construction or call center fields? Thanks again!!

jjojobean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 05:13 PM

7,917 posts, read 11,678,814 times
Check out the real estate website crye-leike.com for all prices available. They seem to have one of the most extensive sites that I've seen. Some parts of the Inglewood section of East Nashville are low priced. There's actually alot of houses for sale that really are cheap but of course their condition and location won't be that great but it sounds like that's acceptable. Good luck.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:28 PM

3,853 posts, read 6,974,036 times
There's a furnished apt. complex just off Nolensville Rd. near Harding Place. It's across the street from Regina Moore Casting. You can find her address and then see where this is.

Best of luck!

Old 03-01-2007, 01:07 PM

I think I should rephrase myself. I am looking for maybe a cheap motel or cheap efficiency apartment with weekly rates. I would appreciate any info. Thanks

Old 03-02-2007, 01:50 PM

64 posts, read 220,028 times
Well there are those apartment hotels -- can't think of the name of them right now. They run about $155 a week. Is that the price range you're looking for? You might want to visit the Tennessean.com website and search the rent ads. You'll probably find some furnished apartments or weekly rentals.

Good luck!

Old 03-02-2007, 04:28 PM

Thanks houselady. That price range is perfect. If you happen to run across the name, please let me know. Last year in Mobile we were paying 285 a week. Way too hard to save money that way. We just don't like it in Birmingham. The rent isn't too bad, but it's just not a good fit for our personalities. Thanks again for your time. This thread has been looked at a bunch, but not many replies.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:29 AM

64 posts, read 220,028 times
jojo -- go to Google and do a search on "extended stay hotels" in nashville. The ones I've driven by had signs out that said $155 per week. They include a small kitchen. Honestly, though, you could probably find an apartment a little cheaper, although I'm not sure about it being furnished. That's where the newspaper would come in handy.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 39,330 times
Smile Try looking in the

Try Looking in the La Vergne Area they have a lot of cheap weekly rates.....

I am looking in the Area as well just needing something in that area until Mid Spring... Then I will be moving by the Airport. Download Google Earth... zoom in on an area using the globe. Then just search Apartments..... Or Apartment it will show you a few then just click on the one you want to look at and it will give you the number to call....
Smyrna- Efficiency Apts.$525. No deposit
FREE Utilities
459-7562 stonesriverproperties.com

WEEKLY RENTALS
5053 MURFREESBORO ROAD, LA VERGNE, TN 37086 (615) 793-4999

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjojobean View Post
Thanks houselady. That price range is perfect. If you happen to run across the name, please let me know. Last year in Mobile we were paying 285 a week. Way too hard to save money that way. We just don't like it in Birmingham. The rent isn't too bad, but it's just not a good fit for our personalities. Thanks again for your time. This thread has been looked at a bunch, but not many replies.

Last edited by jwplum; 02-06-2008 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: Font

Old 02-07-2008, 12:04 AM

2,866 posts, read 6,177,414 times
As far as Call Center JOBS, Verizon is hiring in Murfreesboro, off Hwy 96. You might want to check that out.
There are plenty of cheap motels there that will rent for the week until you get settled.

Diane

Old 02-21-2008, 09:38 AM

2 posts, read 39,330 times
Default Thank You

I will have to check them out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
As far as Call Center JOBS, Verizon is hiring in Murfreesboro, off Hwy 96. You might want to check that out.
There are plenty of cheap motels there that will rent for the week until you get settled.

Diane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville