Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 07:44 PM

5 posts, read 9,912 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!!

My name is Breana El'roi. I just moved to Nashville, and am having a hard time finding the perfect church for me. I really just want to go somewhere where I can just worship God and be filled with His Spirit and see supernatural moves of His Spirit. A place where "the Spirit of the Lord fell on the church" is a common report of how church went that day. Where feeling the wind of the Spirit is common, catching the Holy Ghost is frequent, where there are prophesyings (this is NOT telling the future, a real prophesy is an interpretation of a unknown tongue, or just when God speaks through someone and reveals to the other person something that only THAT person and God knew about, and THEN giving insight on whatever else God has to say. The Hebrew word for prophesy actually means a ray of light, or to shed light upon, to make manifest) And a prophet is just a messenger of the Lord. Anyhoo. Yes this is what I want. I want to just be able to walk in and praise the Lord, and pray, and speak in tongues, and see Jesus move. If possible, I would like to be able to go there everyday.

Also, this church must be scripturally sound. Meaning no false beliefs and nothing that goes outside of the Word of God, for "there is no wisdom, nor knowledge, nor counsel against the Lord (Proverbs 21:30)", and no twisting of the Word, nor giving false meanings. If God didn't say it, then it ain't true. And there is no "truth" that contradicts what He has said. I do not believe in different interpretations. I know that scriptures are as Jesus described it where the teacher pulls out of his good treasure things both new and old. "Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old (Matthew 13:52)." So, whenever you read a scripture, you may get a new revelation but the Word does not change, for God is the Word (John 1:1,14), and God is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8). These people (other members of the body) must be godly people and really living a Christian life. They need to manifest and represent Jesus Christ in word, actions, and look.

This may sound like a lot, but I have been to two churches such as this, the first even more so than the other. I want to hear, share, and discuss the truth, and it should be a brotherhood more than anything else where we are all equal, for Jesus said, "But be not ye called [Teacher]: for one is your [Teacher], who is Christ; and all ye are brethren. (Matthew 23:8)" Rabbi means Teacher. And the Master was in those times the teacher, and disciples were students.

If anyone goes to a church like this or knows of one, puh-leese reply, write me, or e-mail me (breana@gmx.us - no spam or advertisements please) and let me know where it is. Also race is not important for there is no color in Christ, neither are there races for He says, "...in Christ there is neither Jew, nor Greek, [slave] nor free, there is neither male nor female, for ye are all one in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:28)."

I also have a three year-old, and would love it if there was an area where he could go, but it's not required. Umm, what else? Oh yeah, room for growth, where I can do something in the church, and new ideas for ministry are welcome. This is optional too, but all that I described in the above paragraphs are a must.

Excuse the mini-novel. I'm all done.

Looking forward to hearing back from all of you soon,
Breana

Last edited by BreanaEl'roi; 10-28-2008 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: Bad grammar, the little font code was in one of the sentences somehow too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 09:30 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,580,201 times
I'm not religious but I live in Nashville so I thought I'd respond to your question. I see you live in Antioch in the southern suburbs. If I was interested in finding the right church that matched what I believed this is what I'd do. First I would try to find information about the various churches within a reasonable driving distance from your home by going online and reading about them. You can find out a huge amount of information on the internet without having to even leave the house. You could probably weed some of them out if their beliefs conflict with yours and you could also start a list of churches that would be worth paying a visit to. There are a very large number of churches in the south and I would think you could find one to your liking. The only real way to know is to attend services at some of the churches that sound promising and then try to get a feel for how people interact with each other, what the message is that's being delivered at the sermons, etc. Then it's just a matter of weeding them out and finding the one that feels right. I also think if one of them feels like it might be right for you it would be beneficial to try to get to know of the people who attend the church. Forming friendships with like minded individuals who attend the same church would greatly enhance the feeling that you belong there. Good luck.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:53 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,043,478 times
You seem to understand your prerequisites better than I... so here is a link that provides you churches by denomination.

Nashville Tennessee churches listed by denomination, list your church for free!

Things I did:

1. went to www.google.com
2. typed "nashville churches"
3. The link above was the first hit.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:50 PM

I really appreciate both of your replies! I've tried the google one before big thirsty. That's really sweet that you spent your time looking it up for me! And MontanaGuy that sounds like a good idea. I thought about just yesterday.

Sincerely
Bri

Old 10-31-2008, 01:09 PM

I found it!! Wahoooo. Lol. Thanks errrboday!

Old 11-04-2008, 08:33 PM

187 posts, read 621,356 times
recommendations are Christ Church on Old Hickory Blvd., Belmont on Belmont Ave and forgetting the name but it is located on the corner of Old Hickory Blvd. and Granny White at Maryland Farms in Brentwood. All are spirit filled churches

Old 11-11-2008, 05:58 PM

What do you mean Spirit-filled?

Old 11-11-2008, 06:41 PM

317 posts, read 1,226,921 times
I can not say whether this church is what you are describing because I've never attended it From pictures I've seen, it looks to be of all races and they seem very involved in actually serving people and one another...that's about as much as I can tell. I have heard several people comment on the services and the worship in a positive way. Again, I am not sure if it meets your criteria but check out: Oasis Worship Centre which is located in the Nashville/Antioch area in the back of the Lenox Village subdivision off Nolensville Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville