Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:30 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,624,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in TN View Post
I was talking about Drew, but thanks anyway.

I know that area - really nice!

I would just call the codes department and if they didn't have an issue for it I'd go for it.
I'm sorry Mike. I was in the political forum getting into trouble and I came here for a much-needed breather so my mind was a bit off and I evidentally mis-read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 01:27 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I'm sorry Mike. I was in the political forum getting into trouble and I came here for a much-needed breather so my mind was a bit off and I evidentally mis-read.
Steve, I'm made posts in there that never appeared. I also got reps with no thread arrached. It's weird in there.

Diane G

Old 11-04-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Steve, I'm made posts in there that never appeared. I also got reps with no thread arrached. It's weird in there.

Diane G
Yes, things get strange in there. Very strange!

Old 11-04-2008, 05:27 PM

764 posts, read 2,548,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Yes, things get strange in there. Very strange!
I've seen you and Diane over there but I'm too chicken (pun intended) to dip my toes in!

Old 11-04-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
I've seen you and Diane over there but I'm too chicken (pun intended) to dip my toes in!
They'll eat you alive there.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:07 PM

8 posts, read 14,375 times
I want to raise a few chickens to, we have a pidgeon loft as a hobby that seems to be no problem. Why are chickens a problem. Maybe stores do not like it, because you wont buy eggs from them. When we got the loft for the pidgeons, we got a note a week later saying no chikcens allowed its an ordinance. I think I know the neighbor that complained. We call the number and said we have no chickenss and we never heard from them again. They must of came saw we had pidgeons and that was it. I am unsure. You just need a complaining neighbor to ruin it all for you.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:03 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,614,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post

Diane G
Wow! That is very impressive. You must have a magical computer.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:05 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,614,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnyvaet11 View Post
I want to raise a few chickens to, we have a pidgeon loft as a hobby that seems to be no problem. Why are chickens a problem. Maybe stores do not like it, because you wont buy eggs from them. When we got the loft for the pidgeons, we got a note a week later saying no chikcens allowed its an ordinance. I think I know the neighbor that complained. We call the number and said we have no chickenss and we never heard from them again. They must of came saw we had pidgeons and that was it. I am unsure. You just need a complaining neighbor to ruin it all for you.
People can be complete morons when they want to be. Nothing like sticking your nose in someone else's business and being wrong! And people wonder why I want deer and trees for neighbors.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:59 AM

634 posts, read 1,419,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
People can be complete morons when they want to be. Nothing like sticking your nose in someone else's business and being wrong!*** And people wonder why I want deer and trees for neighbors.***

Amen. Very reason I live in the sticks.

If I had chickens in town and someone said anything about me having them, it'd do them no good to ever come to me hungry during hard times as I'd remind them about not liking chicken. Way I see it, if they to good to live near them... they orta not eat them either.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:24 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,470 times
you must check w/ local county health dept. too, it is likely that city ordinance exsist to prohibit such action. reason: some communities have experienced problems w/ the control of pidgeons, crows, starlings, common raven, etc. this, in turn, has led to problems w/ some respiratory diseases, e.g. histoplasmosis. be sure to check. serious city and county fines can be incurred. it would be traumatic for you and the chickens if you had to break down your project in order to comply w/ local and state ordinances. good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville