U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 12:31 AM

1,313 posts, read 2,385,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I found a place in Crossplains that I really like. I couldn't give you directions to it, since every time I've gone I was with my parents on little day-trips and my dad was driving so I wasn't paying attention. There are also a few here in Murfreesboro, though it seems some may be a tad pricey. However, just Saturday I got a big folder of pristine 78rpm records for a mere $20. They sound great on my phonograph! I also found a great old pocket watch at one of them a few months back. Probably overpaid for it a little, but I really like it so I don't care:
very pretty watch..both atnique malls in murfreesboro are too expensive, nashville is the same...- could not believe what they get for furniture here - and it's not even the really good old stuff either....even on craigslist, some guy will have a really ugly old piece of furniture - calls it an antique and charges a fortune...unreal - it's like a broken down piece of junk from the forties...I did get a deal from someone closing their antique store in bell buckle...how far is crossplains? isn't watertown supposed to be good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 09:07 AM

8,930 posts, read 7,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12buttons View Post
very pretty watch..both atnique malls in murfreesboro are too expensive, nashville is the same...- could not believe what they get for furniture here - and it's not even the really good old stuff either....even on craigslist, some guy will have a really ugly old piece of furniture - calls it an antique and charges a fortune...unreal - it's like a broken down piece of junk from the forties...I did get a deal from someone closing their antique store in bell buckle...how far is crossplains? isn't watertown supposed to be good?
Thanks! Not sure about Watertown. The store in Cross Plains is just off I-65, a little North of Whitehouse. In fact, I believe it's the exit immediately after the main Whitehouse exit. It's as much junk store as it is antique store, but I always enjoy looking around. Just about any small town around here will have an antique store. I've also visited one in Cowan and South Pittsburg, though I didn't find anything at either of those that I wanted at the time. And let's not forget Cuz's Antiques in Lebanon. Terribly expensive, but they have the wildest and most interesting antiques! I love going there, even though I can't afford to buy anything from them. Make sure to check out the alien head in the front window.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:56 PM

185 posts, read 426,484 times
I live in Cross Plains and its about 12 miles east of Springfield. From Springfield take highway 49 east to highway 25 and that takes you into Cross Plains. There is a junk store in Springfield called Marie's and another one close to it but I can't think of the name.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:12 AM

1,313 posts, read 2,385,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainna View Post
I live in Cross Plains and its about 12 miles east of Springfield. From Springfield take highway 49 east to highway 25 and that takes you into Cross Plains. There is a junk store in Springfield called Marie's and another one close to it but I can't think of the name.

thanks.. is that big antique flea market one in Nashville last saturday of the month worth going to?

Old 01-23-2011, 09:39 PM

3 posts, read 5,609 times
Default junk stores

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post
Fayetteville, TN. Go there to shop at Sirs's a giant fabric store, eat of slaw burger, and go to antique and junk stores. Frankly, besides one Wal-Mart, that's about all they have is antique stores. While you are there go east over to Lynchburg and tour Jack Daniels Distillery. Lynchburg has lots of antiques and junk shops, too.
sir's fabrics was a huge waste of my time...very disappointing. columbia and lewisburg both have a pretty good supply of junk stores.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:43 PM

3 posts, read 5,609 times
Default junk, vintage etc.

a great place to find junk, vintage, antiques and new gift items is in Columbia at Carter's Creek Station Antiques area. A very wide variety of items from very old to new...in a really beautiful location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville