Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 02:10 PM

231 posts, read 869,409 times

Advertisements

well, looks like my property is going to be selling. Which means I am relocating soon to Nashville area. So I am looking to find a job....

with an Associates Degree, what the chances of me finding ANY job with salary range to start in the high 20's to low 30's.
There are some posters here that have been a great help...is there anyone else? I have experience in Insurance claims (mostly auto & home), loan processing for mortgages, and currently am a technician working on hand held air monitoring devices. I also am a part time firefighter/EMT, and teach for the states academy...

if anyone has knowledge. As "they" say Networking is a good way to find jobs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 06:10 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,656 times
Check your PM's.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:58 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,627,266 times
And your AM's.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:05 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Ok, I'll play. How about DM's?

Seriously, best of luck to you. Jobs are available; keep the faith.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:45 AM

5 posts, read 10,994 times
I was just up in Nashville for a few days, applying for jobs before my (rapidly approaching) move. I got more positive feedback in just those few days than I've had in the last 16 months in Phoenix or Houston ... even though those are supposed to be better job markets! Just one more affirmation that this is absolutely the right move for me!

Unfortunately, not even quite being in the area yet, I have no advice or contacts to offer the OP. However, I thought my positive experience might encourage someone else who is looking!

Old 11-22-2008, 12:59 PM

187 posts, read 623,419 times
you might check on this website for insurance related jobs
Insurors of Tennessee | Position Available

you may also want to consider Vanderbilt which is Nashville's largest employers with fair pay and excellent benefits. Their website is https://www3.recruitingcenter.net/cl...anviewjobs.cfm

Good luck on the move and if you need suggestions on places to live...we are always willing to give those too

Old 11-22-2008, 01:04 PM

187 posts, read 623,419 times
HCA is also a larger and more stable employer in the area...here is the joblink and you would want to look at Nashville, Brentwood, and Franklin TN
http://www.hcahealthcare.com/CustomPage.asp?guidCustomContentID=9DA09082-0E2D-4238-B8F3-FF663D4BD372 (broken link)

Old 11-23-2008, 04:17 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonimoose View Post
I was just up in Nashville for a few days, applying for jobs before my (rapidly approaching) move. I got more positive feedback in just those few days than I've had in the last 16 months in Phoenix or Houston ... even though those are supposed to be better job markets! Just one more affirmation that this is absolutely the right move for me!

Unfortunately, not even quite being in the area yet, I have no advice or contacts to offer the OP. However, I thought my positive experience might encourage someone else who is looking!
I don't think anyone is saying that Phoenix is a better a job market than Nashville. Maybe in 2004, but not now.

I am glad everyone is having luck with their employment search here. Though no city is ever completely immune from a national (or worldwide) downturn, Nashville usually handles it much better since our economy isn't primarily concentrated in one or two industries, a la Charlotte or Detroit.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:10 AM

1,109 posts, read 2,959,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonimoose View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtnFire View Post
well, looks like my property is going to be selling. Which means I am relocating soon to Nashville area. So I am looking to find a job....

with an Associates Degree, what the chances of me finding ANY job with salary range to start in the high 20's to low 30's.
There are some posters here that have been a great help...is there anyone else? I have experience in Insurance claims (mostly auto & home), loan processing for mortgages, and currently am a technician working on hand held air monitoring devices. I also am a part time firefighter/EMT, and teach for the states academy...

if anyone has knowledge. As "they" say Networking is a good way to find jobs!
Just wanted to say Good Luck to both of you! I hope you find a job quickly. That's the biggest hurdle. Then you can really enjoy your move once that is out of the way!

Old 11-24-2008, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,745 times
I am sure that I am just beating the already dead horse here but I know that I'm not the fist to do it and won't be the last, so why not.

Like many people throughout the country I am looking for a job. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA but I think it's time for a move. I recently visited Nashville and absolutely loved the area. I have since put some emphasis on the area as a definate relocation possibility but have not had much luck in my job search. When talking to some individuals from the area there were a few common remarks; my education does not match up with my experience and the fact that I do not currently live in Nashville has been a deterrent. Though I do understand both responses, they are quite tough to swallow.

I currently work as an assistant accountant at a small firm outside of Pittsburgh where I have been for almost two years. I hold a bachelor's degree in marketing and an MBA. I have a strong passion for marketing and advertising as well as a solid education. I am simply interested in a marketing or advertising related position with a respectable company, at least average pay (I love money as much as the next person but at this point I am not driven by money, I just want to truly enjoy what I do), and appropriate benefits.

I loved the Nashville area and I really enjoyed the many people I met. I am sure people on this forum get quite tired of answering all of these employment questions on a daily basis, but any information as far as companies, contacts, opinions, or advice that you may have would be greatly appreciated. Positive or negative, I'm ready for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville