Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 08:55 AM

2 posts, read 12,108 times

Advertisements

Ok Here is my situation on my possible move to Nashville. First off I won't be needing to move until around April or May which does give me some more time to look around for places and save up money which really isnt the issue. I am only looking for an apartment. I will more then likely look on craigslist for people already living in Nashville that need a roommate so it keeps the costs down for me as well on renting.

I will be getting 2 jobs. First job I already know what it is. That job is working for a country music singer while they are on tour. I will be on tour with them. That job is me selling the merchandise at the concerts. My 2nd job will be a part time job somewhere in Nashville that would be flexible with my tour schedule.

So since you have some of my background info on moving here is my question. I live in Pennsylvania. My move to Nashville would only be possibly for the touring schedule season which is mostly just the spring and summer months and possibly going into Fall as well. The winter months I would more then likely live back in Pa since I won't be needed here. I have talked this over with the singer I would be working for and they were cool with it.

So my question is will I need to even change my license over to TN or not since I will be living part time in TN?

Oh yeah I would be moving to the Franklin or Brentwood area if anyone was wondering. I have been to Nashville many times and I just love that area.

But if anyone has any info they would like to share with me about Nashville or have any questions for me just ask away as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 03:02 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
If you are going to live here more than half the time, it would be to your advantage to make Tennessee your home for tax purposes. We have no State income tax. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: