Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 07:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,659 times

Advertisements

hi everyone,
i plan on moving to tn,around the nashville area in january,can anyone tell me about the out lying areas such as brentwood,murfreesboro ect...,i am a nurse and i want to be able to find employment,but also dont want alot of travel time to and from work,also looking for reasonable priced housing and maybe even someone to split expenses,and just general information would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 07:16 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,159,082 times
You might also put Bellevue on your list, and possibly Green Hills. I'm not sure of your wants and needs, but if you don't have a specific reason for looking in the areas you mentioned, then, if I were you, I would look closer in towards Nashville. While there are doctor's offices and hospitals all over, the main "medical area" in Nashville is along the West End corridor.

To give you a short answer. Brentwood is nice, safe, expensive, and reasonably convenient to Nashville. Murfressboro is nice, safe in most areas, not as expensive as Brentwood, and not quite as convenient to Nashville. Others on this forum live in either Brentwood or Murfreesboro and can give you detailed information about both areas.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:43 AM

1,177 posts, read 4,146,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoftime View Post
hi everyone,
i plan on moving to tn,around the nashville area in january,can anyone tell me about the out lying areas such as brentwood,murfreesboro ect...,i am a nurse and i want to be able to find employment,but also dont want alot of travel time to and from work,also looking for reasonable priced housing and maybe even someone to split expenses,and just general information would be appreciated.
If you could give us more specific information we might be able to help you more. What do you consider "a lot of travel time to and from work"? Are you looking to rent or buy? What price range/rent are you looking at? Do you have any idea where you will be working?
Murfreesboro is about thirty miles southeast of downtown Nashville and has much more affordable housing than Brentwood. Your biggest issue here would be what you are comfortable with as far as travel time if your job is in Nashville. Brentwood is about eight miles south of downtown Nashville and has some of the more expensive housing in the area. The convenience is great but you pay a price for it.
If you are coming here to look for a job you might consider staying in an extended stay type hotel until you find out where your job is going to be. Once you find out where your job is you could then look for a place that is convenient/reasonable price for you.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:58 AM

625 posts, read 4,562,043 times
i would check craigslist for a place to live, plenty of roommate situations in nice areas for a reasonable price on there.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:23 PM

17 posts, read 57,394 times
I relocated to TN about 18 months ago and lived in Murfreesboro for about 9 months, then moved to Bellevue. We're moving only because Bellevue is too far from my job in Murfreesboro, but I love the area. Great access to Highways 70 and 100 and Old Hickory Blvd. About 15-20 minutes to Green Hills & downtown. It's nice, safe and so far it's not an area that's been over developed. We're moving just outside of Franklin (close to Brentwood) but in my opinion, it's a bit overpriced, especially if you're single.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville