U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-18-2008, 03:41 PM

2,301 posts, read 4,093,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDLOVER View Post
If you stay in the Murfreesboro Rd area south of the Airport, You can find some wonderful homes for sale. The airplane noise is in the Donelson Area around Donelson Pike.If you want the best area in town it would be West End /GreenHills however the prices are very high.You can get a lot more home for your money South of Nashville.Just try to buy in a neighboorhood with Brick homes and garages and a association that protects your interests.
I'm going to have to disagree with the first part of your post. "Murfreesboro Road area" and "wonderful homes" don't belong in the same sentence, unless maybe you're talking about Murfreesboro Road in Franklin.

Murfreesboro Road is bad news from downtown all the way to LaVergne. A general rule for those who insist on buying a home in Antioch is that the further you get from Murfreesboro Road, whether it be out Hobson Pike toward Mt. Juliet or out Bell Road/OHB toward Brentwood, the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 07:38 PM

3,537 posts, read 4,941,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I'm going to have to disagree with the first part of your post. "Murfreesboro Road area" and "wonderful homes" don't belong in the same sentence, unless maybe you're talking about Murfreesboro Road in Franklin.

Murfreesboro Road is bad news from downtown all the way to LaVergne. A general rule for those who insist on buying a home in Antioch is that the further you get from Murfreesboro Road, whether it be out Hobson Pike toward Mt. Juliet or out Bell Road/OHB toward Brentwood, the better.
Agreed Pimpy!

Old 10-12-2008, 03:32 PM

150 posts, read 307,540 times
Default Antioch

Hi everybody. I am new here and i do not know how to post. Sorry. Anyway, my question is about the Antioch, tn area...

I am not planning on moving, but i want to know if their is a large African American population there. Are their any black enclaves of off Nolensville road in Antioch? Are their any black neighborhoods in Antioch. If so, where in Antioch? Thanks.

Jamal

Old 10-12-2008, 06:46 PM

"Black enclaves"? What if someone was seeking to live in a "white enclave" or a "white neighborhood"? How well would that post be received?

Old 10-12-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
"Black enclaves"? What if someone was seeking to live in a "white enclave" or a "white neighborhood"? How well would that post be received?

my cousin is black and he wants to move to antioch

and we wants to know about the african american population there

Old 10-12-2008, 09:06 PM

The demographics for zip code 37013 can be found on this site. Is there any particular reason your cousin "wants" to live in Antioch? Most upstanding, law-abiding citizens I know who live there "want" to get out.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
The demographics for zip code 37013 can be found on this site. Is there any particular reason your cousin "wants" to live in Antioch? Most upstanding, law-abiding citizens I know who live there "want" to get out.

He has a brother there

Old 11-10-2008, 01:34 PM

5 posts, read 7,488 times
Well I live in east Nashville and I have heard bad things about Antioch. I know people who go to Antioch high school and they say it is bad. There is alot of crime there and Gang territorys.I know because my Aunt worked at the juvenile detention center and she said most people that come in are from Antioch. However it is very multicultural there...

Old 11-10-2008, 03:17 PM

867 posts, read 1,541,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisaga View Post
I just wanted to add to my previous post that in addition to the fact that we have had absolutely no problems living in Antioch and enjoy it very much, that a house in Franklin with the same square footage, yard, etc. is $114,000more expensive than my house in Antioch (and my house is actually still larger by 100 sq ft than the closest match I could find in Franklin). Just now checking on realtracs shows a minimum of 100k more for the equivalent house. Sorry folks, I can buy 2 houses in Antioch for the price of 1 in Franklin. And as long as we continue to have no problems here, I find that difficult to beat.
Nothing personal to anyone that posts here but I personally would not want to live in Williamson County, overpriced homes with a lot of cookie cutter subdivisions. Couple that with over-inflated gas prices in general and the lack of walkability to anything, it's just not very appealing to me. Sure if you live near downtown (Franklin), but who can afford that? I just read that Williamson County also leads the state in foreclosures. So looks like a lot of people have been paying over-inflated prices for homes that they cannot afford. Like I said, nothing personal to any residents but you always just hear all the pro's (great schools!) and none of the cons on this website regarding Williamson County. But when areas like Antioch, East Nashville or Madison come up, the cons are always the first thing that comes up (and sometimes the only thing). In times like today factors such as affordability and walkability matter more than ever. And if you want we can factor in a new phenomenon that some are calling the "New Urban Movement" where newer college grads more and more are favoring moving closer to the city as opposed to the suburbs. Call it the "Sex in the City"/Friends" effect. Many of these new grads are not in love with the suburbs as many of us in our 30's+ were. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think that Williamson County will become the next Compton any time soon. But the areas around it could very well become the ghettos of today. This is already happening in the Chicago area to an extent. Just a little food for thought when thinking about home appreciation. For me it's the country or the city, not in between. Now the downtown condo/East Nashville bashing can begin...

Old 11-11-2008, 10:06 AM

957 posts, read 2,298,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerandbetterthings View Post
lol:-) Spend the extra money ,and move to a better area,but stay out of illegal immigrant land.
That description pretty much fits most of the country now. The Antioch area near the lake around Anderson Rd/Smith Springs Rd is nice. Nice well kept homes, safe and close enough to everything to be convenient. We live near there in a Nashville zip, but walk dogs and bike all the time through those Antioch neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville