Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 05:36 PM

620 posts, read 1,838,671 times

Advertisements

I could be mistaken but I thought there was a special section at the Frist Art museum for kids; things they could do. Now this was when they first opened quite a few years ago but maybe there's something still there like it. Also, you might want to take one of those bus site-seeing tours around town; I think kids and adults would get a kick out of that. I think one of them drops you off at the old Ryman auditorium and I thought that was a cool place. Well, I love all of Nashville anyway..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 05:55 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecen View Post
I could be mistaken but I thought there was a special section at the Frist Art museum for kids; things they could do. Now this was when they first opened quite a few years ago but maybe there's something still there like it.
The kids art thing is still there. It's a permanent part of the Frist.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:21 AM

512 posts, read 1,635,965 times
What are some other kid friendly places. Trying to fill out the week.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:30 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,862 times
The children's science center and planetarium is a great destination. The view from there is amazing too. Adventure Science Center

Naturally I suggest checking the hockey schedule to see if there's a game. Always LOTS of kids there, so they must like it. Nashville Predators - The Official Web Site

We have a wonderful library downtown too. Fantastic areas for kids.

Have a great time!

Old 12-10-2008, 01:48 PM

85 posts, read 418,526 times
Besides the ones already mentioned, Cheekwood Museum & Garden has craft days on Tue & Sat for kids. Plus you can walk around the gardens and look at the outdoor ornament exhibit. At Opryland, there's a Dr Seuss Grinch ice exhibit. Next door at Opry Mills, the Barnes & Noble there has story time. Check to see if there are any free children's shows at the Nashville Public Library. They do an awesome job! If the weather is mild enough, you can go to the Nashville Zoo. I highly recommend the children's area at the Frist. When you get into town, look for a copy of Nashville Parent magazine (or go to their website) in a grocery store or any child friendly place. It gives things to do with children every day in Nashville.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:15 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
If anyone is interested, Cheekwood has some kind of $1 admission offer all during January (maybe February too).

Or you can buy my lunch at the Pineapple Room and I'll get you in for free! ;-) (Just kidding)

Old 12-12-2008, 11:43 AM

37 posts, read 108,098 times
You have to go see the Grinch themed ICe scupltures at Opryland. It was a blast for kids and adults. May want to leave the 8 month old outside with an adult. It gets very cold in there!

Old 12-12-2008, 08:16 PM

187 posts, read 623,419 times
If not too cold, look at the zoo which also has a playground to die for. There is the Hermitage which was home of Andrew Jackson,,,but can't compare to what you see in DC. We have a Cumberland Science Museum which is fun for kids, the Frist Museum has a special section just for kids and we have the Children's Theater too. If you like outdoors, go for a walk in one of the Warner Parks or Radnor lake off Granny White...very refreshing areas. Take a drive down the Nachez Trace toward Leipers Fork and check out Franklin. There is ice skating at Centennial Sportsplex near Centennial Park where you can also see an identical replica of the parthenon and feed the ducks at the lake. If you need more indoor activities, there is a place called Bounce U on sidco, Build a bear workshop at Opry Mills Mall as well as an Aquarium restaurant there. Hope you guys have fun and I will try to post more activities as I think of them....can you tell I have lots of grandkids I have to entertain regularly?

Old 12-15-2008, 11:49 AM

297 posts, read 1,078,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
It is beautiful! We've visited twice this year and it's just lovely! There are some family oriented shows there as well.
It seems to me that every year the amount of lights and decorations keep getting less and less at Opryland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville