Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 10:46 AM

25 posts, read 53,150 times

Advertisements

We are moving from Wyoming to Nashville in the spring and want to know if T-Mobile has a good network there? We currently don't have a landline, my kids, husband, and I just use cells. I was thinking of renewing my contract but want to make sure the service is good in the Nashville area before doing so.
Thanks,
Tam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 10:54 AM

153 posts, read 689,289 times
We had t-mobile when we moved here, and we had all sorts of trouble with calls cutting out. It's been about two years since we switched, so they might have gotten better, but I would certainly think about switching if I were you. Personally, we found that sprint was cheaper than the alternatives, especially with the Vanderbilt discount, and we've had no problems with their service.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:17 AM

85 posts, read 284,989 times
We have Verizon and while it works well throughout the country (we travel for business), I have problems with dropped calls inside of stores and at home in Hendersonville. I even have their broadband wireless internet and it works great everywhere else in the country, but as soon as I get home I have slow service. I have heard that AT & T is a decent company in this area and if our whole family wasn't on Verizon I would be switching companies.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:13 PM

187 posts, read 623,252 times
I have been very pleased with my Sprint, really no dropped calls unless you are in an elevator.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:47 AM

223 posts, read 582,827 times
We use ATT and haven't had any problems at all. Dave

Old 12-16-2008, 08:23 AM

256 posts, read 888,508 times
I am with Dave..we have At&t and I really like it we dont have a landline either..soo it has worked really good for us

Old 12-16-2008, 11:07 AM

145 posts, read 515,234 times
Verizon Wireless, hands down. They have a new regional HQ in the Nashville area and are committed to increasing their service here as well. Our company has been with them for over two years after trying just about every other provider with horrible results. I have Verizon Wireless for personal use as well, with the same phone still working after 4.5 years (they want me to upgrade, but I'm still holding out because my old service plan is cheap).

There is a "dead zone", though, on the uphill back roads that connect Hendersonville to White House, which is my only complaint with Verizon Wireless. They really need to put a tower in that area to resolve the problem.

AT&T is just Cingular Wireless in disguise. New name, same deplorable customer service. I have long lasting bad memories of how badly my company was treated by Cingular Wireless. It took a six month battle ending with a consumer complaint to the FCC to resolve it.

Everyone has different needs, though, based on where you live and work, and what service the majority of your friends/family uses. Plus AT&T is the only one with the iPhone if that matters to you.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:44 AM

634 posts, read 1,419,409 times
Had Sprint years ago, dropped it as it wasn't any count living in DeKalb county. Ain't worth the effort to drive to the county line just to make a call IMO.

I went with Verizon and have four cells since the school asked us to get the kids one in order to be on the school ballteam. They don't like kids using the school phones to call home when they have practice afterschool and can't ride the buss home.Busses leave at 3:10 and practice is over at 3:15 ( yes, I know thats sorry ).

Anyways, Verizon to Verizon calls are always ''free'', and lots of folks use Verizon.

Last edited by RS-1080; 12-16-2008 at 11:53 AM..

Old 12-16-2008, 10:37 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
I have Verizon. It works good here, and I even had reception on it, on a ship at sea. We must have been near land to pick up a cell.

Diane G

Old 12-16-2008, 10:58 PM

730 posts, read 1,917,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben52284 View Post
We had t-mobile when we moved here, and we had all sorts of trouble with calls cutting out. It's been about two years since we switched, so they might have gotten better, but I would certainly think about switching if I were you. Personally, we found that sprint was cheaper than the alternatives, especially with the Vanderbilt discount, and we've had no problems with their service.
Interesting.

My wife and I both have T-Mobile and have never had a real problem in TN on any visit. We have been through most of the State in the last 2 years.

We prefer it because of international service. In Europe it is an excellent service and we visit there on business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: