Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:46 AM

627 posts, read 1,846,363 times

Advertisements

I guess it depends on where you are from. I'm from central Illinois. The area between Spring Hill and Columbia is pretty woodsy and hilly to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 09:50 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,233,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12buttons View Post
where in spring hill are there trees...it is mostly flat farmland imo...
hah there aren't any trees anymore - they've been eaten up by ugly subdivisions and big box stores.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:18 PM

16 posts, read 74,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_angi View Post
I have a job offer in Franklin, TN. Great job. Great opportunity. We would be relocating from Colorado Springs, CO! Should we do it?

If we go, where would be the best place to live? We have 4 children ranging in age from 3 to 13. We would like a place that is family safe/friendly, but somewhere that is forested/rural. While we are looking for the perfect place, we would like it to be affordable (<$200K).

Hendersonville doesn't seem like a good option, because I would have to commute through Nashville to get back and forth to Franklin.

Also, a very strong evangelical church is really important to us. And my wife home-schools the children.

Any advice you can give would be great!
I would suggest Nolensville, or south in Spring Hill. I love Nolensville - close to everything, but with a rural, small-town feel.

We attend Fellowship Bible Church on Franklin Rd. I'm not sure if the address is Franklin or Brentwood, but it's a great church.
Here's the website, if you want to check it out.
Fellowship Bible Church :: Home

Also, there are tons of homeschoolers around Williamson County - even with the great schools. Check out Middle Tennessee Home Education Association - Tennessee home school | Tennessee homeschool | Home schooling in Tennessee | Tennessee homeschooling for more info. (Middle TN Home Educators Association)

Old 02-19-2009, 09:23 AM

4 posts, read 13,949 times
I echo the PP, I would look into Fairview or maybe even some of the more "wooded" areas of Bellevue, Pasquo, Hwy. 96, Pegram, Kingston Springs areas. For $200K your options are going to be limited without a pretty significant commute but in the aforementioned areas it is definitely doable.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:50 PM

933 posts, read 2,741,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12buttons View Post
where in spring hill are there trees...it is mostly flat farmland imo...
They cleared all the trees when they built all the subdivisions unfortunately (just like nerdgirl chimed in from her Chicago "paradise"). A troubling practice that has been going on for too long if you ask me. Councilman Mike Jameson and Megan Barry are trying to reverse this trend in Davidson County.

The Fight for Trees Begins Here « The Earth Is Not a Trash Can

Old 02-21-2009, 06:11 PM

3 posts, read 7,443 times
I would also recommend the Fairview, Nolensville, Franklin or Spring Hill area! There are some great churches all over. I attend one in Franklin-The Gate: [url=http://www.thegatenashville.org/html/modules/wfchannel/]The Gate Nashville - - Pages[/url]

I'm also a homeschooling mom, it's a great community for homeschoolers!

Jenn

[mod] cut [/mod]

Last edited by mbmouse; 11-29-2009 at 07:43 AM..

Old 02-21-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
They cleared all the trees when they built all the subdivisions unfortunately (just like nerdgirl chimed in from her Chicago "paradise"). A troubling practice that has been going on for too long if you ask me. Councilman Mike Jameson and Megan Barry are trying to reverse this trend in Davidson County.

The Fight for Trees Begins Here « The Earth Is Not a Trash Can
Were you being sarcastic about my "paradise?" My neighborhood in Chicago is pretty old, has a few trees, a lake, and all the amenities i could ever want within a few blocks.

I just have a problem with the lack of foresight that Spring Hill had with planning. Instead of thinking things through, they pretty much carved up the land to the highest bidder.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:54 PM

369 posts, read 942,416 times
thompson's station, leiper's fork, fernvale

Old 02-21-2009, 09:05 PM

933 posts, read 2,741,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
Were you being sarcastic about my "paradise?" My neighborhood in Chicago is pretty old, has a few trees, a lake, and all the amenities i could ever want within a few blocks.

I just have a problem with the lack of foresight that Spring Hill had with planning. Instead of thinking things through, they pretty much carved up the land to the highest bidder.
Just yanking your chain a little . I can walk to many amenities also here in East Nashville. Clearcuting all the trees seems to be the norm in a lot of the newer suburbs here unfortunately.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
Just yanking your chain a little . I can walk to many amenities also here in East Nashville. Clearcuting all the trees seems to be the norm in a lot of the newer suburbs here unfortunately.

Yeah, down in Columbia there was this nice little Ham/Honey farm that was surrounded by trees. Developers got a hold of the land, tore down the house, got rid of all the trees, flattened the land, and paved a road called "Honey Farm Way" or something stupid like that ... and i don't think they've been able to afford to actually build any houses. Same thing happened just down the street too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville