U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Murray, KY
181 posts, read 374,239 times
Reputation: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwe123safi View Post
Alright, now we are getting somewhere. What area are so bad that you would not live in in EN?

Whites Creek Pike and Fern Avenue area is a no-no for me. No way, no how in its current state.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-04-2009, 09:03 PM
 
Location: Forrest Hills
150 posts, read 300,179 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
- The entire Hickory Hollow area. The last time I was through there, I saw three stop signs that had been tagged by SUR-13.

- Rural Hill Road from the mall to Murfreesboro Pike, especially the area around Autumnwood Apartments, which is infested with crime, drugs, gangs, and illegals.

- All of Richards Road. AWFUL.

- Bell Road all the way from Cane Ridge Road until it crosses over into the 37217 zip code. (After that point, it is still unsafe through Nashboro Village but is not technically Antioch.)

Essentially, the entire section of Antioch enclosed by Mt. View Road to the south, Haywood Lane/Una-Antioch Pike to the north, I-24 to the west, and Murfreesboro Pike to the east is VERY undesirable.
1. SUR 13 has been wiped out from Nashville. It was in the news. Not a single sign of them, not even graffiti. That graffiti is old.

2. Go to any inner city part of Nashville. You see security bars. Not in Antioch. Not on rural hill road. What does that tell you?

3.Richards Road? Only the part by the low income apartments and tralo park. Got to Buchanan/ Dickerson Pike/ Lafayette. Richards Road pales in comparison to those, and yet you make this big deal about Richards Road.

4. All that area you mentioned, pales in comparison to some of NN,EN,WN, and South Nashville areas. I think you are just racist because of the Asian and Hispanic populatiuon there.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Forrest Hills
150 posts, read 300,179 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBNA View Post
Whites Creek Pike and Fern Avenue area is a no-no for me. No way, no how in its current state.

That is considered North, I think. Alright, get closer to the main land. Dickerson Pike? Cleveland Park? Cayce Homes? Myrtle Ave? Some stretches of Gallatin Pike? Any of those? Any others that come to mind?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
957 posts, read 2,230,132 times
Reputation: 393
Wasn't there a tornado about ten years ago that leveled a good portion of EN? Isn't that why the area began building back better? A lot of the poorer folks that lost homes could not afford to rebuild and moved or they were renting and their slumloard did not rebuild and they were dosp[laced to other areas with low cost housing. Those properties were bought by people who could rebuild. That brought new money into the area. Someone from EN told us this.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,301 posts, read 3,961,071 times
Reputation: 2241
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad fiddler View Post
I don't see "great numbers" of people coming to any kind of consensus here. Those who post here from Inglewood, Madison, and East Nashville have repeatedly made the point that they feel safe in their particular neighborhoods.

Some of those who who live elsewhere do not.

My point stands: There's not enough data to make comparisons about neighborhoods inside and outside the county.
I don't think that anybody has ever questioned your claim that your individual neighborhood is as safe as the average Hendersonville or Franklin neighborhood.

My point stands that "crime maps" like Davidson County has are unnecessary in cities where there are no troublesome "crime areas."
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,301 posts, read 3,961,071 times
Reputation: 2241
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwe123safi View Post
1. SUR 13 has been wiped out from Nashville. It was in the news. Not a single sign of them, not even graffiti. That graffiti is old.

2. Go to any inner city part of Nashville. You see security bars. Not in Antioch. Not on rural hill road. What does that tell you?

3.Richards Road? Only the part by the low income apartments and tralo park. Got to Buchanan/ Dickerson Pike/ Lafayette. Richards Road pales in comparison to those, and yet you make this big deal about Richards Road.

4. All that area you mentioned, pales in comparison to some of NN,EN,WN, and South Nashville areas. I think you are just racist because of the Asian and Hispanic populatiuon there.
1. If the mainstream media reported it, then it must be true.

2. That tells me that the scores of criminals in Antioch have an easier time breaking into houses than the scores of criminals in inner city Nashville.

3. Richards Road is awful in its entirety. Just because Dickerson Pike is worse doesn't mean Richards Road isn't terrible. You didn't ask me to compare the two.

4. Once again, I never intimated that there aren't other bad areas of Nashville besides Antioch. Their presence doesn't make Antioch any better. I won't respond to your ignorant racism claim. At least mad fiddler comes off like an intelligent human being.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Madison
404 posts, read 786,614 times
Reputation: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossc View Post
Wasn't there a tornado about ten years ago that leveled a good portion of EN? Isn't that why the area began building back better? A lot of the poorer folks that lost homes could not afford to rebuild and moved or they were renting and their slumloard did not rebuild and they were dosp[laced to other areas with low cost housing. Those properties were bought by people who could rebuild. That brought new money into the area. Someone from EN told us this.
The tornado didn't level a "good portion" of EN. It took out a lot of trees and a few houses, but it wasn't a widespread disaster. My partner was living there at the time.

The area was already on the upswing when it went through. I had friends who almost twenty years ago could see that East Nashville was gentrifying and started renovating a house there. It didn't take much money then to get a stake in EN. It's now finally reached a tipping point where the less adventurous, more monied folk are now willing to invest there.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 09:19 PM
 
Location: Forrest Hills
150 posts, read 300,179 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
1. If the mainstream media reported it, then it must be true.

2. That tells me that the scores of criminals in Antioch have an easier time breaking into houses than the scores of criminals in inner city Nashville.

3. Richards Road is awful in its entirety. Just because Dickerson Pike is worse doesn't mean Richards Road isn't terrible. You didn't ask me to compare the two.

4. Once again, I never intimated that there aren't other bad areas of Nashville besides Antioch. Their presence doesn't make Antioch any better. I won't respond to your ignorant racism claim. At least mad fiddler comes off like an intelligent human being.

You really are convinced about this.


Richards Road is not awful.

If an area does not that many security bars, then that should tell you that they feel comfortable in the area.

Obviously you are convinced that Antioch is a bad place. Their is no sense in converting you.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,301 posts, read 3,961,071 times
Reputation: 2241
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBNA View Post
Unfortuantly I would agree. It's a shame too because Antioch could be a really neat area too.
I have a buddy in his early 40's who tells some great stories about all the fun he used to have living in an apartment in Antioch in the late 80s/early 90s when he was in his 20's. Apparently it was a happening place for young singles.

I agree with a previous poster's assessment that Antioch's demise began when displaced thugs from gentrifying areas of inner-city Nashville began to take over. The ensuing influx of illegal immigrants then put the area's already precipitous downfall into fifth gear.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 09:25 PM
 
Location: Forrest Hills
150 posts, read 300,179 times
Reputation: 37
According to you, illegals are the problem. You always mention illegals. I am pretty sure there were no illegals in inner city Nashville. They were mostly black. That means criminals from the inner city are not committing crimes. But, you just mentioned them. Can you explain this?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top