Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:42 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwe123safi View Post
Well go ahead! What areas of Antioch do you feel unsafe in? Do you feel safer there or somewhere like North Nashville or East Nashville.
Antioch is better than most of North Nashville and parts of East Nashville... but at least East Nashville is improving. Antioch is headed the other direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 08:45 PM

180 posts, read 596,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
... but at least East Nashville is improving. Antioch is headed the other direction.
Unfortuantly I would agree. It's a shame too because Antioch could be a really neat area too.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:48 PM

427 posts, read 1,307,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I am sure you could find some hard numbers if you looked hard enough. I don't feel it's necessary. If a great number of people who live in Nashville find a certain part of town to be unsafe or undesirable, there is usually a good reason.
I don't see "great numbers" of people coming to any kind of consensus here. Those who post here from Inglewood, Madison, and East Nashville have repeatedly made the point that they feel safe in their particular neighborhoods.

Some of those who who live elsewhere do not.

My point stands: There's not enough data to make comparisons about neighborhoods inside and outside the county.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:49 PM

149 posts, read 478,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBNA View Post
So now it's "Certain" parts of E. Nashville and just not East Nashville as a whole?

Look, i'm not trying to change your opinion cause that isn't going to happen. I'm just trying to open your eyes to some exciting things taking place in the inner city of Nashville. It's not all Channel 4 and 5 make it out to be. To be honest, it's the opposite in most cases.

I am not saying EN as a whole because I am not ignorant. I have lived there before. I have had family shot to death there just because they tuck their shirts in and don't talk like they are in a rap video. I have seen prostitutes and drug dealers in action in the area. I saw it last time I went on Dickerson Pike. That was about 3 months ago. I know there are good parts to EN. I mainly talk about the bad parts suck as Cleveland Park. Plus all of the apartments are bad. But, I am not saying anything as a whole because there are always good areas.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:49 PM

427 posts, read 1,307,944 times
Quote:
Opened up fine in mine.

Here's something for ya on Main!

That's the 5th & Main Condominums. Smack dab in the middle of Main Street. Many of the streets off Main are really, REALLY nice! With large homes and large yards and a TON of history behind them. But most suburbanites are afraid to get off the interstate and actually experience the city I suppose. Or maybe afraid to admit that things, good things, are finally starting to happen IN THE CITY instead of out in the 'burbs.
A beautiful picture! Thank you for this!

Old 02-04-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Opened up fine in mine.

Here's something for ya on Main!

That's the 5th & Main Condominums. Smack dab in the middle of Main Street. Many of the streets off Main are really, REALLY nice! With large homes and large yards and a TON of history behind them. But most suburbanites are afraid to get off the interstate and actually experience the city I suppose. Or maybe afraid to admit that things, good things, are finally starting to happen IN THE CITY instead of out in the 'burbs.
That is a good thing i suppose... too bad there are section 8 housing next to them.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwe123safi View Post
I am not saying EN as a whole because I am not ignorant. I have lived there before. I have had family shot to death there just because they tuck their shirts in and don't talk like they are in a rap video. I have seen prostitutes and drug dealers in action in the area. I saw it last time I went on Dickerson Pike. That was about 3 months ago. I know there are good parts to EN. I mainly talk about the bad parts suck as Cleveland Park. Plus all of the apartments are bad. But, I am not saying anything as a whole because there are always good areas.

My condolences for your loss. I can see where you are coming from, but I can also see where it can influence your feelings about the area in general. I agree, there are still places in East Nashville where you are not safe in, but the city has really tried to make East Nashville a point of intrest for redevelopment. Unfortunatly, moving "trash" out of East Nashville has cause Antioch and LaVergne to bear the brunt of the mass exodus of "trash". Now those areas are places I wouldn't live in. Way too much drugs and guns for me.

Northe Nashville, well it depends on where you are. Germatown and other places are really freakin' cool! While some others are just, well.......weird.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Unfortuantly I would agree. It's a shame too because Antioch could be a really neat area too.
Nothing wrong with Antioch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Go to Cayce Homes if you want to feel unsafe!!!!

Besides, Antioch is what it is. You can not remodel old brick houses. That is one reason EN is improving. The houses are stucco, therefore, you can make them look more attractive.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
My condolences for your loss. I can see where you are coming from, but I can also see where it can influence your feelings about the area in general. I agree, there are still places in East Nashville where you are not safe in, but the city has really tried to make East Nashville a point of intrest for redevelopment. Unfortunatly, moving "trash" out of East Nashville has cause Antioch and LaVergne to bear the brunt of the mass exodus of "trash". Now those areas are places I wouldn't live in. Way too much drugs and guns for me.

Northe Nashville, well it depends on where you are. Germatown and other places are really freakin' cool! While some others are just, well.......weird.
Alright, now we are getting somewhere. What area are so bad that you would not live in in EN?

Old 02-04-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad fiddler View Post
A beautiful picture! Thank you for this!

You're welcome. And the housing next to them is well maintained. It's not like JC Napier next to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville