U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-05-2009, 03:11 PM

4 posts, read 4,766 times

Advertisements

my family and I are considering moving around nashville due to job relocation. we looked at chapel hill, christina, and bradyville, coffee county. can anyone tell me exactly how far to nashville and what are these areas like? we love the country yet we want to be 20-30 minutes to city. we want to live in between nashville and chattanooga. any help would be appreciated!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 06:16 PM

9,060 posts, read 21,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandt View Post
my family and I are considering moving around nashville due to job relocation. we looked at chapel hill, christina, and bradyville, coffee county. can anyone tell me exactly how far to nashville and what are these areas like? we love the country yet we want to be 20-30 minutes to city. we want to live in between nashville and chattanooga. any help would be appreciated!
Nashville is a big city. Where will your job be? Manchester (Coffee County) is 65 miles from Nashville. You can look up distances on mapquest.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:25 PM

4 posts, read 4,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Nashville is a big city. Where will your job be? Manchester (Coffee County) is 65 miles from Nashville. You can look up distances on mapquest.
thanks for the reply. around providence, near the nashville airport. i did look up mapquest. I know sometimes travel may be longer due to traffic that is why I asked how far the commute would be with traffic. I really wanted reviews about christina and these other areas. I have researched but it is nothing like recieving information from the locals i think coffee county is out of the question! too far! I didnt realize it was that far! but I saw great prices on land and homes and it was in the country. that is what we are looking for.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:56 PM

8,893 posts, read 7,101,996 times
Any of those locations will probably require a 45+minute commute to Nashville, unless traffic is just abnormally good for some reason. If your job will be near the airport and you would like to live in a "country" type setting, why not look at the area south of Mt. Juilet, between Hobson Pike (171) and 840? You could probably find a house in the area that is still fairly "country-like" but you could get on I-40 and be to the area near the airport fairly quickly. Although, I'm not sure what "Providence" is, unless you're talking about the shopping area in Mt. Juliet. In that case you'd be even closer.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:57 PM

9,060 posts, read 21,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandt View Post
thanks for the reply. around providence, near the nashville airport. i did look up mapquest. I know sometimes travel may be longer due to traffic that is why I asked how far the commute would be with traffic. I really wanted reviews about christina and these other areas. I have researched but it is nothing like recieving information from the locals i think coffee county is out of the question! too far! I didnt realize it was that far! but I saw great prices on land and homes and it was in the country. that is what we are looking for.
You might want to look east of there along the I-40 corridor. Wilson County has grown quite a bit, I'm not sure how good of a deal you can get on land around there, but maybe in the more rural parts of eastern Wilson County you can find some deals. Also check out Smith County. It's a beautiful area--rolling hills, lovely farm land. And you can get to the airport area pretty quickly on I-40.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:04 AM

636 posts, read 898,918 times
DeKalb county is right next to I-40, and near Watertown in Wilson county. Once you cross into DeKalb from Wilson, taxes go WAY DOWN ( 300 a year for 6 year old 4 bedrooms and 7 acres ). Only 24.00 a year for car tags and theres no automobile inspections or wheel tax to worry with so you can drive anything you want to even if it's barely running.Did I say landtax is also super cheap? I'm fixing to turn 40 next month, and not much has changed in these parts in many years. When I was driving to Vanderbuilt twice a week, it took about 40 minutes to get there from where I live in DeKalb. Theres not a traffic light in four towns in a row out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville