Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 09:33 PM

13 posts, read 49,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
LOL about being a broken record but it really is the same old story a different day on city-data...

BoroMom have you ever even been to East Nashville?

I think it's funny that from what you "hear, East Nashville is where you DO NOT want to live". Key word jumping out at me is "hear".

I question, as Yank questioned, how much time have you actually spent there & what bad experiences did you have in East Nashville that make you dismiss an entire area (in all caps) to a person that from all the criteria he provided would probably fit in quite well?

Read it again....Like I told Yank, I have had no personal experience there, and I have never even been there. This is what I have heard from SEVERAL (yes in CAPS) people before we moved here. I'm sorry if I offended your home. I was giving my opinion, Isn't that what this forum is for? SHEESH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 10:26 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroMom09 View Post
WOW!! When I moved to Tennessee I took every opinion that was given. I never stated that "I personally know" about the area. I stated it was hear say. Congratualtions on your house, Im sure everyone who has read your comment is very happy for you.
WOW is right...."you heard"....give me a break. Thanks on the congrats on the house, i sense no sarcasm at all there....I read about murders in the Boro all the time and college kids getting robbed and shot but I know there is more to the place than that. I challenge you to come to East Nashsville and see for yourself before you post things you have NO IDEA ABOUT (yes allcaps).

Old 02-07-2009, 10:51 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,834,838 times
Boromom, I 100% agree that this forum is here to express opinions. I personally just find it hard to respect the opinions of those that dismiss entire areas that they openly admit they've never been to.

It's not just you, trust me, there are plenty of East Nashville bashers & far many less "cheerleaders" as we once were referred to as on this forum.

I do feel like a broken record on city-data I really do, but as many times as I've posted positive things about East Nashville BECAUSE I LIVE HERE the threads are still infiltrated by people spreading "hearsay" which I don't think has any place on this forum if the intention is to dissuade someone from even considering an area when in all actuality based on the criteria given they would probably love.

Crime maps, bad experiences & such I don't mind but it seems irresponsible to perpetuate hearsay.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:20 AM

13 posts, read 49,531 times
There are bad parts of every city. Like you said BlueSky there are always bashers talking down on East Nashville on here. With me being new to this state, I want to know what everyone thinks about the city I am thinking of living in. I know that there will always be good parts and bad. But if there is a lot of bad things to be said about it, I would definately want to keep my children away from there. If East Nashville is such a magical place, why is there so much bad mouthing on here?

Get over it. Everyone is entiltled to their opinions and I would hope that PiperMackie would take all comments into consideration. And read all the threads about East Nashville. That's how I made my decision.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:38 PM

43 posts, read 305,445 times
Finding a place near Vandy for $700-$750... I think you will find a small place near here for that amount, but don't expect much. But Belmont or Hillsboro Village are walkable, just not easy to find larger places to rent for less than $1000, I think.

East Nashville is like most parts of the city- it has great places and not so great places. I know many people who love it over there, and if I didn't have to cross a bridge to get to work from there, I'd live there too. lol

Welcome to Vandy, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville