Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 12:09 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,833,872 times

Advertisements

Your welcome halfpint, if you could up your price then I'm sure you could find a great home here in a nice area. Some of the kids that attend Lockeland Design Elementary probably walk to school if they live in Lockeland Springs but I can't think of anywhere else on my side of town that they would. I don't have kids so maybe someone else has more input that also lives here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 12:47 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,335,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfpint512 View Post
I live between Eau Claire and Chippewa Falls. It is a friendly place, don't get me wrong...but a neighborhood like your talking about is Not the norm around here. I have lived here all my life, and I have seen a drastic difference in the area. I used to live rurally growing up and we knew our neighbors because we had all been there for over 30 years. However, moving into Chippewa Falls, we have seen that over the years people are more and more private and don't want to mix with neighbors, unless you are in a very high income area.

Thank you Bluesky for your honesty. I am hoping to find part time work to cover any houseing costs, but it seems that price is pretty comp..to here. We can get a 2 level duplex, 3 bedroom for just under $800 here.
Ah...I lived near Green Bay, I don't know a whole lot about western WI. Must be the Viking fans that aren't friendly, . Did I say that?

Old 02-10-2009, 01:03 PM

620 posts, read 1,837,979 times
HalfPint: I can totally relate to what you're saying regarding neighbors. I have lived in WI all my life (and would LOVE to move to Nashville like you are - someday I hope!) and I have had the same experiences.I now am in a condo and people shun people like the plague. I'm outgoing and friendly and I think it's such a shame to go through life ignoring your own neighbors. I have a few that are okay but for the most part when you drive by they hide in the garage or just put their heads down. I have my own friends but sure would love to talk to the neighbors but they want to live by themselves.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:41 PM

11 posts, read 20,903 times
suecen...I don't get it why people are so private around here. But oh well.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:43 PM

You have been so helpful so far. Would you have any reccomendations as to what areas I should look at when looking for a duplex or housing? When I do a search and they have tons of names come up...It feels overwhelming and I don't have a clue how to decide. I tried looking up a map of somekind but haven't had much luck. I have the work address in the origional post. What areas are close to there and are they good ones? Or should we try a different area and have hubby commute? I guess I need some names to go by to point me in the right direction. We want to rent for a while before we buy anything so we have a better grasp for where we want to be. Thanks!

Old 02-12-2009, 12:44 PM

Is there anyone in TN that homeschools? I want to know how difficult it is in your state?

Old 08-12-2009, 12:00 PM

448 posts, read 1,458,095 times
Wow, i could have written this post. I live in Kansas City, MO. all of our family is here, but we are looking for a change. My husband I both grew up here, but both went to college in the South and Can't wait to return. I am looking to move to Nashville, Atlanta or Houston. When I read this post I thought, where can I sign up! Thanks for asking the question halfpint and thanks to all those who answered. It is truely a blessing from God that I read this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: