Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:36 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,335,524 times

Advertisements

Who cares...NBA ball has gotten incredibly boring. Watch the last 3 minutes if you want some action...otherwise it's guys walking up and down the court, standing in the key for 10 seconds...what a snooze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 09:59 AM

251 posts, read 1,034,279 times
MichaelBNA,

Yes, all cities and areas are different...I don't live in Nashville...I live in California

Old 02-17-2009, 11:15 PM

149 posts, read 478,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naomisday View Post
qwe123safi,

I feel if Charlotte and Oklahoma City can have an NBA team....Nashville should too, but since there
is one in Memphis perhaps they don't want another in TN>>..

I wonder if back in the day there was an ABA team there?

We have an ABA team here. They are in first place, I believe. We also have another basketball team coming here in a few months trying to become a D-league team. Which mean they get to be on TV. We also have many college basketball teams here in Nashville. Like 5 or 6. No, wait, way more. And I mean WAY more. I think one of our cellege schools made it to the chamionship. They lost by a few points to Memphis. Speaking of Memphis,it has a team. That is why NBA does not put a team in Nashville.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:11 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,335,524 times
The Grizzlies have horrible attendance in Memphis. The Tigers are the main show there.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:15 PM

25 posts, read 87,270 times
not going to happen in todays economy, our population cant handle any more pro sports

Old 02-23-2009, 01:49 PM

12 posts, read 38,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBNA View Post
Not going to happen. City isn't big enough and basketball isn't really a big deal to most Nashvillians. I would rather see the hockey team continue to grow its fan base than to have a league that is riddled with problems here in this town. The NBA can stay in Memphis.

Tax payers aren't likely to approve any financing for an NBA team move either. They've been screwed way too many times before.
Unless they get the NBA team from Memphis, I vote NHL-only for N'ville.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:14 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwe123safi View Post
???
The NBA would never fly in Nashville, The NBA depends on corporate money and Nashville can't even provide the Preds with enough corporate money.

Besides, When the Marlins announced they were leaving Miami and started negotiations with Las Vegas, I sent e-mails to Phil Bredesen and Karl Dean asking them to bring MLB to Nashville and both replied with this " We're busy working on getting the Sounds a new stadium. Nashville already has enough professional sports franchises. "

Old 03-07-2010, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,048 times
I go to all the titans games, being african, american hockey is not what I will shell out money for, yes I have been to a predators game only when someone gave me a ticket, I will purchase a ticket to see a nba game, I do believe the nba can be successful here in nashville.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:02 PM

50 posts, read 148,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rottdog615 View Post
, being african, american hockey is not what I will shell out money for,
Interesting. Didn't realize being African precluded one from enjoying hockey.

Having said that, couldn't care less about the NBA being in Nashville. Am thrilled the Preds are in town. Sure wish they were playing better right now, but I love them regardless

Old 03-08-2010, 01:09 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakpak36 View Post
Well,my family and I will be moving from a city that has an NBA team...the Indiana Pacers.But I didn't really follow them being a Laker fan and all.I would like to see Nashville get the Grizzlies.For real...I think Nashville can support an NBA team and considering Memphis' owner is trying to get out of dodge...Nashville would be perfect...I would go the games(even though I'm still a Laker fan. LOL!!!!!!!)

I don't think Nashville should get an NBA team. I think a baseball team would be a better draw for this area. Besides there are too many cities ahead of Nashville in the race for an NBA team, so even though I love basketball i think baseball would fit in good here. "MLB baseball"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville