Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 09:33 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,278,971 times

Advertisements

We've been looking into several towns in TN to move to. We don't want a small town and I love to go shopping so don't want to be far from stores. I been to the Nashville area and see that Brentwood is expensive. We're looking for a home with at least a 1/2 acre to fence in for our dogs and don't want to spend more than $250,000. I was looking into Spring Hill but hear so many reports of bad traffic getting up to the Franklin area. I also saw a town called Thompsons Station this morning that seems nice.

My friend lives near Knoxville and I thought about Maryville but it's close to the airport (noise). She suggested Sevierville, but wondering if it's too busy with tourists and found the crime rate to be high on the websites.

Any input would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 11:17 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Spring Hill is very pretty. The only drawback is the traffic. Now, if you won't be commuting during peak hours, then I'd say go look there. Otherwise, try Lebanon or Mt. Juliet area.

Good luck! Let us know what you find.

Old 03-17-2007, 02:20 PM

2 posts, read 23,408 times
My husband and I are also considering a move in May 2007 and have heard Spring Hill is the place to be for getting a new home for around 200K. I am planning on working at Vanderbilt and wondering about the 1 hour commute I'm hearing about. I don't know much about Nashville suburbs but I would require good schools and about a 45 min commute and a home that has enough yard that my neighbors aren't 3 feet away or aren't the expressway being in my backyard. Looking for a more upscale community setting as we're coming from Rochester NY where a little goes a long way and we're used to being spoiled in a wierd sort of way.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:04 PM

64 posts, read 303,894 times
Default Spring Hill is my home town

I lived there until I was 20 and it sure has changed. I plan to go visit my Mother there next week. They have turned all the beautiful farms into subdivisions. They are putting shopping malls every where. You can drive to Nashville in about 45 minutes, Franklin about 15 minutes. There is a large shopping Mall between Spring Hill and Nashville called Cool Springs. You can get there within 25 to 30 minutes. Spring Hill has new schools so can't tell you much about them.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:42 AM

1 posts, read 20,368 times
I believe Spring Hill would have a lot of what you are looking for. If you have the basic work hours of 8-5, then you may have an hour commute. It just depends on the mood of everyone on the road. All it takes is someone sitting on the side of the road to cause the interstate to back up. Commuting during peak hours are rough. If you plan on working at Vanderbilt hospital, for example, and begin work by 7, then your commute would not be more than 45 minutes. I have to be at work by 5:30 am near downtown. I can leave at 4:55 and be there by 5:30.

There are quite a bit of new houses being built in your price range. Spring Hill lies on the Maury County/ Williamson County lines. If you want a great school, live on the Williamson side. That is where the majority of new houses are being built anyway.

If you have any questions, let me know. I'll try to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennmove View Post
My husband and I are also considering a move in May 2007 and have heard Spring Hill is the place to be for getting a new home for around 200K. I am planning on working at Vanderbilt and wondering about the 1 hour commute I'm hearing about. I don't know much about Nashville suburbs but I would require good schools and about a 45 min commute and a home that has enough yard that my neighbors aren't 3 feet away or aren't the expressway being in my backyard. Looking for a more upscale community setting as we're coming from Rochester NY where a little goes a long way and we're used to being spoiled in a wierd sort of way.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:30 PM

631 posts, read 2,450,700 times
I live in Spring Hill, and it takes me an hour to get home from work - 11 miles away. To Vanderbilt would definitely be over an hours drive each way. That's without rain or a crash. People forget that Spring Hill isn't on an interstate, and just to get to 65 can take 20-30 minutes on some days. I definitely say visit here at 8 am and 5 pm before you move here.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 19,633 times
Default I commute....and it's not an hour

I live on the north side of Spring Hill and work out by the airport. I leave my house at 6:15 and I get to work at 6:50. I leave at 4pm and arrive home at 4:45. I take 840 to 65 and go straight in. Yes, sometimes with accidents and bad weather it takes longer, but that's to be expected.

Spring Hill does have a lot to offer. There are many stores opening and a SuperTarget to open in March 08. Houses are cheaper and you can get more bang for your buck. No city taxes is also a plus and low county taxes (Williamson) are an added benefit. The Wmson County schools are some of the best public schools in the state. Right now they are crowded, but they are building a few new schools and will open those in the coming years.

I love living out in the "country".....but I also love being 15 minutes from the mall too.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:31 PM

2 posts, read 39,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennmove View Post
Sring hill is a great place to live. It is peaceful, has a small town feeling, but growing a good rate.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:40 PM

2 posts, read 39,021 times
I live in Spring Hill since 2000, there is more traffic now than what there was, but nothing like any of the major cities. I can leave my house at 7am and get to North Nashville by 745am. The biggest grid lock is that 2 lane highway between the 840 and hwy 96. you get past that and it is smmoth sailing. Since you are from a big city, like I was in California, buy your house near the intersate . Don't try to buy your house in the middle of Spring Hill. Three minutes to the interstate and you will not run into any of those other problems these other folks deal with. Remember. access to the intersate is everything especially since the area is still growing. I would not recommend Thompson Station unless you buy your house near the 840 ramp access. Good luck and hope you come to Spring Hill.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:11 AM
NKS

1 posts, read 19,404 times
Can anyone give me information for schools in the Spring Hill area. I am looking for a preschool for my 3 year old toddler. We are relocating and not sure if we are going to be in Spring Hill or Franklin or Cool Springs....it all depends on schools. I am not opposed to private school either. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville