U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 09:39 PM

37 posts, read 109,956 times

Advertisements

What area(s) of Nashville are the absolute worst in terms of crime, etc? Which areas do you Nashvillians avoid like the plague? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 09:44 PM

2,301 posts, read 4,273,588 times
Most of Madison, even more of Antioch, and all of North Nashville. East Nashville and Inglewood can be dicey in parts but there are some gems tucked in there, too. The 37211 and 37217 zip codes (South Nashville) are hit-and-miss. As for West Nashville, just stay away from Jefferson Street, the TSU and Fisk areas, and Charlotte Pike north of I-40.

Hermitage, Donelson, Green Hills, West End, Bellevue, Belle Meade, West Meade, Berry Hill, Old Hickory, Hillsboro Village, and parts of East Nashville and Inglewood (just do your homework first) -- these are all fine areas in Davidson County, and I'm sure others can add to the list.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:45 PM

624 posts, read 2,850,816 times
South Nashville, Antioch, Bourdeaux, and I'm gonna get yelled at but parts of East Nashville (close to Dickerson).

Old 02-23-2009, 09:51 PM

2,301 posts, read 4,273,588 times
Good add on Bordeaux. Can't believe I missed that one. There are some decent areas in South Nashville near the Brentwood/Williamson County line as well as south of Old Hickory toward Nolensville (the city), but pretty much everything around Murfreesboro Road and Nolensville Road (north of Old Hickory) is trash.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 11,415 times
Bordeaux is not bad. I think it is the media. -because it is all black
I doubt most of you guys have even been there. It is a safe area.

Madison is bad but not the worst.
Antioch is not that bad. Madison is way worse.

To answer the original question I would say the area immediately above Fred Douglas park.(Myrtle/Mansfield/N 9thst)

- who agrees on North of Fred Douglas Park(Myrtle/Mansfield/N 9thst)

I want your opinion in that one

Cleveland and Mccferin Parks are heavy contenders. So are the Buchanan cephas 14/15/16/17 av North areas- who agrees

I think the top two would be Buchana area in north nashville and dickerson oike in east nashville

- Dickerson Pike winning slightly

-who agrees on Dickerson Pike??

I am curious of your opinions

Old 02-24-2009, 12:58 AM

4,679 posts, read 5,185,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Most of Madison, even more of Antioch, and all of North Nashville. East Nashville and Inglewood can be dicey in parts but there are some gems tucked in there, too. The 37211 and 37217 zip codes (South Nashville) are hit-and-miss. As for West Nashville, just stay away from Jefferson Street, the TSU and Fisk areas, and Charlotte Pike north of I-40.

Hermitage, Donelson, Green Hills, West End, Bellevue, Belle Meade, West Meade, Berry Hill, Old Hickory, Hillsboro Village, and parts of East Nashville and Inglewood (just do your homework first) -- these are all fine areas in Davidson County, and I'm sure others can add to the list.
It seems you managed to nail just about every square inch of Davidson County ( with the exception of Bordeaux ) to the wall. Nice.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:25 AM

409 posts, read 834,049 times
The usual suspects bashing Madison.

I live here. Most of Madison is fine, but the stretch along Gallatin Pike is rougher.

Last night I was talking to someone I hadn't met before, one street up, who hasn't lived here for a while but grew up in this neighborhood. Still likes the area. When I said, "Madison's picked up this bad reputation," he pointed in the direction of Gallatin Pike. We both nodded.

It's too bad people see that as the whole of Madison.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:50 AM

1,716 posts, read 4,831,853 times
I'll say up front that I don't live in Davidson County.

That said, I've never felt unsafe in Bordeaux or Madison. Antioch doesn't seem as bad as the attention it gets.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:27 AM

4,679 posts, read 5,185,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in TN View Post
I'll say up front that I don't live in Davidson County.

That said, I've never felt unsafe in Bordeaux or Madison. Antioch doesn't seem as bad as the attention it gets.
I used to live in several areas of Davidson County and will soon be forced to move back due to rent prices.

I've never really felt that unsafe in alot of areas, Obviously there are just some areas you don't go into at night but that's not the whole county. I don't think the O.P. should take the advice of someone that bashes areas based on their minority or illegal populations.

My wife and I took a drive through Madison and Inglewood just this past weekend and have to admit that the areas West of Gallatin Pike and East of Dickerson Rd. are really decent areas...

Old 02-24-2009, 08:08 AM

957 posts, read 2,379,110 times
The only area that I would say is 100% avoidable is North Nashville. There is really nothing there that most law abiding citizens would want. If you're talking about the areas to live, that's a different story. Every area, even Antioch and Madison have good and bad. If you're looking for a place where crime just won't happen, Nashville or any larger city is probably not the place to be.

Finding a nice area to live isn't that hard. for the most part, nice areas look nice and bad areas look bad. It really is that simple. The nice areas of Antioch, which is a pretty small area, can be a good deal. Houses are very nice, but cheap because uninformed real estate agents keep telling people that the entire Antioch zip is bad. That keeps the prices down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville