Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 08:19 AM

7 posts, read 15,815 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking about moving to Nashville. Can any one tell me about what to expect in the differen't surrounding areas. I've been to Broadway street and downtown but don't know much about the surrounding areas.

I'm a older single guy looking to meet lady's and listen to live music. I also play electric/acoustic guitar and have a solo one man music show. I play a wide variety of music from Beatles, some country, classic rock, modern rock and more. I was wondering if there a lot of solo type gigs in the area? I mean ones that pay?
What kind of music scene does Nashville have? Are there actually paying gigs there. I see that most of the bands downtown were playing for tips
What areas are considered newage or health minded?

I'm kind of a health nut type into antiaging, jogging and spiritual stuff.
What are the best areas for social life.
Are there a lot of festivals in the summer?
any websites I can check out?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 12:18 PM

48 posts, read 160,207 times
Hi there!!

It sounds like to me, you might want to consider East Nashville. It's eclectic with a wonderful little locally owned health food store, no chains of any kind, lots of coffee shops, some live music venues, and and 7 miles of green way for running and biking. I personally feel this is one of the most progressive communities in the city. With regards to the music industry, Nashville has a very vibrant music scene. Some of the honkeytonks downtown have people play because many of the of musicians want the experience and possibly to get discovered. I might suggest that being that this is the music city, the hospitality industry has put a lot of emphasis on having live music at the airport, in hotel lobbies, at social events and meetings, etc... I suspect these are established musicians who aren't looking to get famous and do this for a living. You could check with the Nashville Convention and Visitors bureau as well as the Nashville Chamber to find out if they use a booking company. I also know that several of the hotels have lobby bars that they book musicians for. Good luck, you sound like a great fit for Nashville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville