Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 12:45 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,616,198 times

Advertisements

Small point- Westhaven is in Franklin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 12:50 PM

933 posts, read 2,737,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Small point- Westhaven is in Franklin.
Okay, my mistake, still not near Nashville though. I do like downtown Franklin though, if it weren't surronded by the eyesore/sprawl of Cool Springs I might suggest it. What happened to the springs? Were they paved over with random development like the Civil War battlefield? Okay, I'll stop.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:04 PM

No, humor's good!

Old 03-10-2009, 01:08 PM

Thanks akm4. Just like to point out that EVERY area here has it's pros and cons, a distinction sometimes forgotton on this board.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:40 PM

I agree. It's not like we work for our city's Chamber of Commerce!

I tend to group those "I live in Utopia!" people with those who swear their kids and spouse are perfect.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
I agree. It's not like we work for our city's Chamber of Commerce!

I tend to group those "I live in Utopia!" people with those who swear their kids and spouse are perfect.
Exactly, I just call it the way I see it, which everyone see's it differently...

Old 03-11-2009, 11:22 AM

4 posts, read 13,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designmama View Post
Hi there,
My husband and I are talking about picking up and moving our family out of L.A. in the next year and finally have some dates picked to come visit. I'm kind of overwhelmed as to how to go about this - we've got 2 weeks to visit 4 cities and not sure how to break up the time & if I need a real estate agent in each place?
The cities we've decided on are Nashville, Greenville & Charleston, SC & Raleigh/Durham, NC. It's a lot of ground to cover & I guess I'm just looking for a little advice on how to get started.
My husband and I are in our 30's/40's, have a 2.5yo & another one on the way and are seeking a lifestyle change for our family. Our ideal location would be a really cool little neighborhood, close to or downtown, extremely walkable & close to shops, parks, restaurants, family oriented, close knit community. We're both in the creative (entertainment) field although I currently stay at home.

I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of pertinent info but hoping for any and all insight. Thanks so much!
I just wanted to echo what some of the others said, Westhaven (which is located off of Hwy 96 in Franklin btw for pp) is great, Hillsboro Village sounds like the perfect fit since you do have the financial capacity to get into that area, and the 12 South, East Nashville areas are probably good too. That being said, although I am biased as the wife of a realtor, I do think that getting a realtor is definitely the way to go. They are familiar with the areas and can show you houses in all of them to better help you decide which is the best fit and once you decide on a city and location they can help you really take advantage of the current "buyer's market." I do believe that you will need an agent in all of the areas, with the possible exception of Greeneville and Charleston since the license is statewide. Good look with your decision, I have never lived in any of the areas that you mentioned other than here in Nashville (which I love as a transplant), but have visited them all and have friends in each and I think you have a fabulous list of options!

Old 03-11-2009, 11:43 AM

153 posts, read 524,971 times
Here is a listing in the Hillsboro area at the top of your price range. it has been on the market for some time. I walk by it often, and it looks great. should give you a rough idea of what is what.

go to: RealTracs Real Estate Middle Tennessee Property Finder MLS number 1060507

Old 03-11-2009, 11:53 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,829,503 times
nbourbaki, that is a great listing!

Old 03-11-2009, 12:43 PM

That basement is insane! Gorgeous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville