U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 11:42 AM

2 posts, read 7,437 times
Default Dancing in Nashville or surrounding area

I'm looking for a great place for country dancing (line dancing is ok, prefer to two step) in Nashville. i've gone to the bars downtown...they have GREAT music, but nobody dances! anyone have suggestions for a safe, fun place to go? new in town and i miss my country bars back in az where i went dancing all night long!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 04:50 AM

1,284 posts, read 2,027,860 times
Nobody had an answer for this poster? Dang.

I have the same question. I've got a bunch of family coming for a weekend visit (a pack of middle aged females) and they do enjoy country music and line dancing. Any recommendations for good places to take them?

And yes...I know...it's touristy and there is so much more to Nashville, but this is what they like to do and I aim to please. They're "not interested in learning anything", just want to have fun! LOL I've never gotten into the line dancing so I haven't paid much attention to what's out there. Would appreciate some tips.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:31 AM

380 posts, read 563,107 times
Hmmm....I'm not an expert here. I can tell you that YEARS ago...Silverados on Murfreesboro Road was huge country dancing bar. I think it's still open...but check with them and see before you go over there. It's on Murfreesboro Rd, just north of Briley Pkwy. You know...years ago there were country dance bars all around Nashville...but I think it just kind of faded away here. I know that in other parts of the country they're still going strong. Did you check out Robert's when you were down on Lower Broad? They always have lots of people dancing there and the music is great. The biggest negative there is that the dance floor is pretty small. Still....I can always count on a pretty good time at Robert's on Friday or Saturday night.

I knew some people that moved here from San Francisco a few years back and they were just baffled why line dancing wasn't huge here....they ended up moving back because they missed it so much. I think it's also kind of odd that people assume that everyone in Nashville owns a cowboy hat....and really if someone is wearing one, they aren't from Nashville. Just another funny observation.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:08 AM

317 posts, read 802,606 times
Does Wildhorse Saloon not have times where there aren't lessons and you can just dance?

Old 07-18-2009, 08:01 AM

Thank you for the tips. They are a lot of fun so I want to show them a good time. I have never enjoyed line dancing...it reminds me of cheerleading WAY back in high school, but I'll go along with the group if it's what they want to do. Thanks again.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:07 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,470,510 times
I wish they had more line dancing down here. Back in CT & NY I used to take line dancing lessons for the fun and exericse. I had hoped to continue down here but can't find adult ed in the high schools like up north that offered this.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:00 PM

Default Silverado's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgefield D View Post
Hmmm....I'm not an expert here. I can tell you that YEARS ago...Silverados on Murfreesboro Road was huge country dancing bar. I think it's still open...but check with them and see before you go over there. It's on Murfreesboro Rd, just north of Briley Pkwy. You know...years ago there were country dance bars all around Nashville...but I think it just kind of faded away here. I know that in other parts of the country they're still going strong. Did you check out Robert's when you were down on Lower Broad? They always have lots of people dancing there and the music is great. The biggest negative there is that the dance floor is pretty small. Still....I can always count on a pretty good time at Robert's on Friday or Saturday night.

I knew some people that moved here from San Francisco a few years back and they were just baffled why line dancing wasn't huge here....they ended up moving back because they missed it so much. I think it's also kind of odd that people assume that everyone in Nashville owns a cowboy hat....and really if someone is wearing one, they aren't from Nashville. Just another funny observation.

Has anyone been to Silverado in Goodletsville?

I was reading reviews online and it doesn't sound like the one located on Murf. Pike is our style, to put it politely. My sister and cousins who will be visiting are 50-something and we really just want a fun place to take them dancing.

I know Goodletsville is a bit of a drive, but we don't care.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:16 PM

380 posts, read 563,107 times
It used to be called something else (I can't remember off hand)...but I haven't been since it's called Silverado. It was more of a sports bar when I went...so I can't really say what it's like now. It had been many many years since I had been to the Silverados on Murfreesboro Road. Glad you researched that before you went. I had my doubts about it. If you end up going to the one in Goodlettsville...I can tell you that when you exit off Rivergate Pkwy...turn right and right again at the next light. It's kind of underneath Vietnam Veterans Blvd...tucked away in the back and hard to see. Good luck if you go. Hopefully, someone who's been there will respond.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:53 AM

2 posts, read 14,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Barb View Post
I wish they had more line dancing down here. Back in CT & NY I used to take line dancing lessons for the fun and exericse. I had hoped to continue down here but can't find adult ed in the high schools like up north that offered this.
Hey me too! Did you used to go to Illusions in Wolcott, CT? I used to go there almost every Friday

Old 11-17-2009, 12:48 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,470,510 times
pangie152, I actually took line dancing lessons at a local school in Vernon, CT before I moved here. I had so much fun, and it was great exercise too. I've been down here over 2 years and can't find local schools teaching it yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville