Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 03:16 PM

195 posts, read 525,174 times

Advertisements

I also noticed that brand new houses / houses to be built are actually increasing in price due to demand. I was surprised how fast certain new subdivisions get filled up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 06:53 AM

627 posts, read 1,845,580 times
Nashter, you must be looking in other subdivisions than the ones I'm seeing down here in Franklin and the surrounding un-incorporated area. Inventory houses are sitting forever and next to nothing is being built.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:00 PM

137 posts, read 629,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashter View Post
I also noticed that brand new houses / houses to be built are actually increasing in price due to demand. I was surprised how fast certain new subdivisions get filled up.
maybe that's why home builder stocks have dropped by 95%

Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,622,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big TR View Post
Nashter, you must be looking in other subdivisions than the ones I'm seeing down here in Franklin and the surrounding un-incorporated area. Inventory houses are sitting forever and next to nothing is being built.
Same here in Murfreesboro, for the most part.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:19 AM

27 posts, read 77,081 times
Fairvue Plantation in Gallatin is selling really well. It surprises me because most of the homes are 500k+.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:21 PM

8 posts, read 13,422 times
According to what I'm reading the number of sales is sharply down across the board. It's like all the buyers disappeared from the market.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:01 PM

56 posts, read 144,184 times
We're looking also in Hendersonville. There are lot of of short-sales and foreclosures but our Realtor has advised us that these often take many months to actually close; not really seeing that they actually are any great deals on them. New housing is really out of our price range and we really do want something a little bigger than 2200 sq ft. We make reasonable offers and are told they have already reduced price by 40-60K; overpriced a bid, maybe? I was out riding through neighborhoods on Easter Sunday afternoon and there were plenty of others as well picking up fliers from in front of for sale homes. Hope something comes up soon our house has sold and we are ready to move.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:23 PM

627 posts, read 1,845,580 times
Branch, it will take a couple months to close on a short sale or foreclosure. From experience ours took 3 months from the first offer to closing.

These purchases are substantially more work for a realtor, so yours might not want to put forth the effort. Your offer needs to include recent comps in the general area of the home you are buying showing that the price per square foot, land, etc is all comparable. Don't just trust that your realtor is doing this. Make sure of it.

You're not just going to be able to make a "reasonable" offer and hope it works. Both you and your realtor are going to have to work to make a short sale / foreclosure purchase work out.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:49 PM

56 posts, read 144,184 times
Unfortunately don't have that much time and I know my realtor does not want to be bogged down with all of the details, so will have to keep looking.

Thanks for the advice, hope it helps someone else out cause there's some nice deals if you have the time like you said.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:07 PM

150 posts, read 619,644 times
Default I don't usually rely on USA Today, but...

I thought this article and the map that accompanied it might be useful/interesting:
Open house, anyone? 1 in 9 homes sit empty - USATODAY.com
It shows the anticipated housing recovery state by state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville