Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 09:37 AM

2 posts, read 3,354 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. We currently live in Atlanta. My husband got a job in the Nashville area, and I am hoping to get some useful information on neighborhoods and schools. We have a 5 year old that will be entering school. We have been searching rentals in the Hendersonville area due to some suggestions from other workers from the new place of business. I just can't find any good information on the web about stats, schools, etc. that is helping. I am also having a hard time finding homes for rent in the area. We like laid back lifestyle with options of the city- so there is no need for us to be in the downtown area of Nashville. Is there anyone here that has suggestions for me? Thanks for your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 09:56 PM

317 posts, read 1,230,731 times
Here's a list of everything for rent in Hendersonville as listed in Realtracs. There will most likely be plenty of others that are listed elsewhere (i.e. craigslist, rent.com,etc.) but here's what I have readily available.

The links sent with this E-Mail will expire on Wednesday, May 20, 2009.
Buyer Full Report

Old 04-20-2009, 10:46 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,842,137 times
The best schools in Hendersonville are Beech, Jack Anderson, and Indian Lake Elementary. Though the rest would still be considered good schools. Madison Creek is also an excellent elementary and takes students from both Hendersonville and the Sumner County portion of Goodlettsville.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:08 PM

9 posts, read 26,105 times
I'm new and also about to move to Hendersonville with a child entering school. After doing some research, I found that Indian Lake, Nannie Berry, and Jack Anderson seemed to have the highest ratings...

Vivelafrance, or others, could you explain why particular schools are the best? I know that Indian Lake is a blue ribbon school, but what about others?

Thank you!

Old 04-22-2009, 12:39 PM

97 posts, read 376,487 times
My husband and I relocated to Gallatin about a year ago. I have a dtr who entered Kindergarden last year at Vena Stuart Elementary School. Since we are renting and our lease is up soon, we were debating weather to stay in Gallatin or relocate closer to Smyrna (that is where my husband works). We decided to stay in Gallatin because of the school! I have twins that will also be starting Kindergarden next year. Schools were very important in our decision of where to move to. Gallatin seems to have a little cheaper housing than Hendersonville, but it also depends on what you are looking for. I do the drive to Nashville everyday and do not mind it.

I just wanted to put my thoughts out there about Vena Stuart. Good luck to you. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. This website was very helpful for us when deciding where to move to.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:45 PM

19 posts, read 146,257 times
slkoorey,

Why would you rather live in Hendersonville than Nashville? You'll be driving a lot more out there for 1...check rent.com ..It is very good

Old 05-06-2009, 09:38 AM

2 posts, read 3,354 times
We chose Hendersonville because of the location to my husbands potential new job.. and after researching schools, it does appear to be a great place.. I'm now searching for a home. Thanks to everyone for your comments!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:56 AM

2 posts, read 5,695 times
Default Nashville

I have lived in Nashville for 30 years. We live in the Hermitage/Old Hickory/Mt. Juliet area. We live just over the Wilson county line, so taxes are cheaper here than in Davidson County. There is a lot of growth in Mt. Juliet in particular with a new outdoor mall (called Providence Place). My granddaughter goes to Lakeview Elementary which has a wonderful reputation. My 3 went to private schools, but this school offers a good array of programs. There is easy access to Interstate 40 going into town. Hendersonville is a very nice place to live. You will find simple homes and country music singers in the area. The Old Hickory Lake is close by. There is easy access to Interstate 65, but traffic to town can be slow. Stay away from North Nashville around the Dickerson Road area. Madison and Inglewood are also areas that are old and have some rough areas. Antioch in the Haywood Lane area off of interstate 24 might be a place to look with caution. Brentwood in Williamson County has a very good reputation for it's school district and some wonderful homes. It is pricy to live there (350,000-700,000 range for housing). Good Luck with your search.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:15 AM

43 posts, read 149,202 times
Hendersonville is a great place to go they are starting to grow and its not to far out of Nashville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville