U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:19 AM

2,060 posts, read 5,003,698 times

Advertisements

Parts of east nashville are bad. But this and many other areas are being gentrified, and in the case of east nashville, some of the historical arts and crafts homes are now fetching 3 and 400k, which is asanine for the area. A good way of telling if a house is in a bad area is if the description says: "transitioning area"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2007, 11:20 AM

18 posts, read 76,147 times
I'm also moving to Nashville from NYC this summer. I've been researching for months now. I can't wait for the new experiences!

Old 04-04-2007, 12:25 PM

14 posts, read 257,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Symetrical View Post
I'd like to know as well...
Areas around Nasville TO AVOID>>>
Please IM me if you know
Don't expect a reply from a RE agent... I believe their comments would be considered "steering" which is illegal in most states.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverbox View Post
Parts of east nashville are bad. But this and many other areas are being gentrified, and in the case of east nashville, some of the historical arts and crafts homes are now fetching 3 and 400k, which is asanine for the area. A good way of telling if a house is in a bad area is if the description says: "transitioning area"
I think we're starting to become buddies! I really appreciate your input!

Anyway, which towns are specifically considered East Nashville?

Old 04-04-2007, 12:37 PM

911 posts, read 3,197,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_New_Yorker View Post
Don't expect a reply from a RE agent... I believe their comments would be considered "steering" which is illegal in most states.
Help!!!
I need to be "Steered"

Old 04-04-2007, 01:30 PM

I found this link on Wikipedia re: East Nashville

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_nashville

Old 04-04-2007, 03:50 PM

2,060 posts, read 5,003,698 times
Very specifically, I don't know a ton about specific Nashville neighborhoods only because I grew up in Knoxville, 3 hours east. Actually, if you like Nashville, Knoxville is kind of a smaller version, but closer to the mountains. You might want to research that area too. It is worth looking into, plus... it is even cheaper.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:02 PM

225 posts, read 1,048,009 times
Hi The New Yorker!

I am a real estate agent, and the previous poster is correct that I cannot tell you which areas are "bad." However, I can point you to informational sites where you can come to your own conclusions.

I am currently working with another great couple who is moving here from New Salem NY - which I believe they said was about an hour from Manhattan. I work the entire Middle TN area and we have actually gone out together and viewed numerous communities around Nashville. They have considered Wilson County which is Mt. Juliet and Lebanon, Sumner county which is Hendersonville, Williamson County, going from Brentwood, Franklin, Leipers Fork and even Thompson Station, and Rutherford County ending in Murfreesboro. After considering all the amenities, pros and cons, and location of each area, they have decided to relocate to Murfreesboro. They liked the hometown feeling, central location, and housing value that they got in Murfreesboro. There is also ample dining and shopping here as well.

Each community is completely different and you really need to visit to understand. It is hard to explain "hometown" or "neighborhood feeling" in writing. There are actually many great places to live in middle TN, all of which is considered to be the metro Nashville area. A lot is going to depend on your price point as well. Williamson County housing is going to require a much higher price point than Rutherford or Wilson.

Feel free to contact me via email or private message. I'll be happy to help as much as I can!

Good luck with your relocation!

Old 04-05-2007, 06:27 PM

2,683 posts, read 5,367,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverbox View Post

I've never heard East Nashville described as a "transitioning" area.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:46 PM

11,603 posts, read 31,766,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
I've never heard East Nashville described as a "transitioning" area.
I've heard the term "transitioning" used for East Nashville from many people, people who live there, real estate agents, people who used to live there. When I lived in Nashville, East Nashville was not someplace that people aspired to live in. But today, it is definitely up-and-coming and much more desirable than it was 10 years ago.

I think East Nashville is very much a transitioning area, and I would not hesitate to live there if I had the good fortune to live in Nashville again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or