Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 12:54 AM

93 posts, read 359,830 times

Advertisements

I have been to Nashville many times, this coming weekend I'll be heading there with the family again. This time we will be staying downtown instaed of on the outskirts.

Typically the girls (11 year old daughters) love to hit up the Hard Rock for dinner as well as the Rain Forrest cafe.

Are there any other places I am missing that would be as fun for them...we will be there this Friday through the weekend. Mostly looking for dinner ideas because we have the days locked up already..

Thanks for any suggestions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 03:42 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
Maybe (for the kids) The Old Spaghetti Factory or Demos' if they haven't been to one in another location before.

The Aquarium Restaurant at Opry Mills is a big hit with kids generally.

Jack's Bar-B-Que might be a possibility as well. Maybe the upper level of Tootsie's.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:07 PM

191 posts, read 457,788 times
I might try to stay away from Hard Rock downtown this weekend. A bunch of the universities have their graduation ceremonies on Friday and Saturday....meaning lots of people in town, and probably lots of people heading downtown to party. It might get a bit wild for little ones. I second the Aquarium suggestion and it is right next to a movie theatre which could be fun after dinner...there is an IMAX. Also, there is a Maggiano's on West End which is good for kids, but I would suggest making a reservation (which they take)....again, the graduation issue. In fact, with Mother's Day and graduation on the horizon I would shoot for places that take reservations if at all possible. That way you aren't waiting for 2 hours with the kids. There is also a Joe's Crab Shack downtown.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:57 PM

367 posts, read 585,317 times
Joe's Crab Shack is located downtown on 2nd ave. It may be appropriate.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:53 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,960,229 times
I vote for The Aquarium as well. Kids would love that place.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:57 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
I vote for The Aquarium as well. Kids would love that place.

My daughter LOVES the Aquarium!!!

Old 05-11-2009, 01:12 AM

93 posts, read 359,830 times
Thanks all for the reply's.....Had a great weekend. Here is where we went:

Hard Rock Cafe - Went there for a quick lunch with the kids. They loved it, boght some cook shirts, decent meal. The better part was walking down town to the little shops.

Rain Forrest Cafe - Went with a group here, all the kids loved it, I actually had the Best meal here from the whole trip. I have been here several times and this was the best meal ever..I had to steak and shrimp plate, great steak, great shrimp. Did I mention the Volcano Cake!!

Demo's - Went there for dinner one night. Service was great and our waiter was all over our needs. That said...the food...not our style..the spaghetti sauce is this chunky tomato stuff. Not a fan of that, I thought I was safe because I ordered the pepper steak...they served me steak pieces cut up with that same tomato sauce stuff on it, Yuk!

Overall had a great trip...thanks all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville