U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-03-2009, 03:38 PM

11 posts, read 15,871 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! I'm moving to Nashville in early August, and would really appreciate any advice you have on finding a good apartment location / the transition.

I'm a 22 yr old male, just graduated from UVA in 2008. My reason for moving is to get involved with songwriting, NSAI, performing music, etc. I've been to Nashville only twice in the past, but absolutely loved it.

I'm single, and don't know anyone yet in Nashville. I'm looking for a 1-2 bedroom apt between $600 - $700 a month, in a community with a gym, pool, etc.

Does anyone know what communities are relatively near downtown, affordable, AND have a lot of young professionals and college students? My biggest fear right now is that I will choose an apartment community that consists mostly of families or older people, which would make my transition to Nashville a lot less fun / easy!

I'm visiting June 18th-20th, and am hoping to sign a lease beginning in August that weekend. The apartment communities I've been looking at recently are: Lakes of Bellevue, Waterford Landing, The Trails, The Colonnade, Cherry Creek, Royal Arms, & Westboro Apts.

Do you think I'm on the right track, or barking up the wrong tree? Are there any recommended places to go once I move to meet new friends easily? Or blend in a little better and not seem like a complete tourist?

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it! (Sorry for the complete barrage of questions!)
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 04:33 PM

2,301 posts, read 4,277,217 times
You are on the right track. Plenty of attractive women your age can be found at any of those apartment complexes. Just pick the one that is running the best special. You can't go wrong.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:37 PM

56 posts, read 88,221 times
Default Writers Nights

Have you checked with any other singer/songwriters yet?

Writers Nights in Nashville Tennessee - Barbara Cloyd - Songwriter, Host of Bluebird Open Mic Writers Night

There are many others. Good luck and welcome to Nashville!!

Old 06-04-2009, 08:17 AM

13 posts, read 26,977 times
When you come in to visit, make sure to go by a Kroger or Publix. They have apartment books for free as soon as you enter the stores, in the carts area usually. That list the better apartments all around the area. Also you might want to look at Criagslist (Nashville) and their might be some aprtments you are looking for on their.

I would try to stay away from Antioch and I-24 south/east area.

Belluve their isn't much to do but their is a ton of apartments and they rqange from cheap to very expensive.

Once your in town Demonbreum St, is where a lot of Blemont and Vanderbilt students and people about 21-27 go to. It's the big party area for your age.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:10 AM

11 posts, read 15,871 times
Thank you all for your advice and input! TnTitans mentioned Demonbreum street as a popular nightlife / hangout area. Are there any other active streets around West End or the multiple colleges in Nashville? Are Broadway and 2nd Avenue primarily tourist areas, or do a lot of locals enjoy those bars and restaurants as well?

Old 06-05-2009, 01:50 PM

2,301 posts, read 4,277,217 times
I actually prefer the Lower Broad area to Demonbreun. Yes, there are usually a bunch of tourists around, but tons of locals hang out there as well. To me, it is a more laid back atmosphere, and you're not surrounded by hair-gelled Vandy kids wielding their old man's AMEX.

Unless you're socially impaired, however, you shouldn't have trouble meeting women in either location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville