U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-12-2009, 07:51 AM

142 posts, read 412,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by csualum33 View Post
Thank you all for your info. I did many drive bys at all times including late night and felt fairly safe. That is of course relative. Anyway, I decided to put in an offer, so I may be neighbors to some of you cleveland park people soon. Thanks again for all of the advice.
Glad to hear it! Best of luck and I look forward to possibly welcoming you in person!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 12:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,745 times
Default Also interested in moving into Cleveland Park

Hi, my name is Anne and my husband and I are interested in a house on Stainback in between Vaughn and Evanston. Any thoughts on that neighborhood? We've driven by at all times of day and are actually pleasantly surprised at how quaint and uneventful life seems to be there...
Thoughts?

Old 06-29-2009, 02:01 PM

144 posts, read 312,059 times
I love East Nashville. I lived there before my current home, and plan to go back when it suits my particular family needs again. I think Cleveland Park is a great entry point to East Nashville. More renovations are being done in the surrounding areas as well. Moderator cut: cut

Last edited by mbmouse; 06-29-2009 at 06:52 PM..

Old 07-01-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achalme View Post
Hi, my name is Anne and my husband and I are interested in a house on Stainback in between Vaughn and Evanston. Any thoughts on that neighborhood? We've driven by at all times of day and are actually pleasantly surprised at how quaint and uneventful life seems to be there...
Thoughts?
Hi Anne,
You would be my neighbor, as I live on that block. I believe my husband, Ian, emailed you in response to your question on the neighborhood website (dreadfully outdated homepage, I know!).

Our block is wonderful and getting better all the time. Homes on the block are primarily owner occupied. There is a rental that would be across from you that has some issues with leaving junk around (you've probably noticed), but we're working on that. Otherwise, it is very quiet (since it doesn't go through to Cleveland, there is less traffic). And, based on the pictures I saw, the price on 1019 is excellent!

Old 07-06-2009, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 2,745 times
Default thanks

Thanks so much for the response! If all goes well we will be neighbors soon!
Anne

Old 07-07-2009, 12:47 PM

1,991 posts, read 2,326,324 times
Quick question. I grew up in Nashville but haven't been to the Cleveland Park area in decades (I end up going to other parts of the city whenever I'm back visiting). I hear that East Nashville has been built into a walkable area. Is this true? If you live in the Cleveland Park area, are there "things" in walking distance worth walking to?

Old 07-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Default Cleveland Park walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
Quick question. I grew up in Nashville but haven't been to the Cleveland Park area in decades (I end up going to other parts of the city whenever I'm back visiting). I hear that East Nashville has been built into a walkable area. Is this true? If you live in the Cleveland Park area, are there "things" in walking distance worth walking to?
Rather repeat info, I thought I would just link to a post where this is discussed: Cleveland/McFerrin Park vs. The Nations vs. Sylvan Heights vs. Charlotte Park (or: East vs. West)

Old 07-26-2009, 08:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,171 times
Smile Stockell Street

I just put in a bid on a home on Stockell Street/Grace. Currently I live off Cahal on the east side of Gallatin, and was pretty firm on trying to get into Lockland Springs. After looking for months on end, and still not finding anything to our needs I took the plunge. I grew up in Memphis and am used to the shady/nice block to block life, and even being the minority in areas (in terms of being the non-dealer, troublemaker).

We are just a young couple and this is our first home. We have a little work to do to it but not much. This will be out little oasis and envestment for the comming years.

While I am still abit worried, I am getting an alarm and a dog (granted, a little guy) none-the-less I am ready to help do my part to help get this neighborhood up to Lockland Springs "status".

I will say that as long as we get the place, and once we get settled in, I will post back to have a local grill out to meet some of you.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch 22 Nashville View Post
I just put in a bid on a home on Stockell Street/Grace. Currently I live off Cahal on the east side of Gallatin, and was pretty firm on trying to get into Lockland Springs. After looking for months on end, and still not finding anything to our needs I took the plunge. I grew up in Memphis and am used to the shady/nice block to block life, and even being the minority in areas (in terms of being the non-dealer, troublemaker).

We are just a young couple and this is our first home. We have a little work to do to it but not much. This will be out little oasis and envestment for the comming years.

While I am still abit worried, I am getting an alarm and a dog (granted, a little guy) none-the-less I am ready to help do my part to help get this neighborhood up to Lockland Springs "status".

I will say that as long as we get the place, and once we get settled in, I will post back to have a local grill out to meet some of you.
Welcome to the neighborhood! If you want to know about neighborhood association meetings, let me know!

Old 09-09-2009, 12:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,051 times
Hi. We will be moving to Cleveland Park next week and want to be involved in the neighborhood. I went to CPANashville, but it looks as if it's out of date.
Is there a meeting tomorrow night?
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville