Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 07:31 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,409 times

Advertisements

My DH is in the music business and has traveled back and forth to Nashville for at least 20 yrs. He's fallen in love with the area and the people and wants to move. I agree that it's time.

NJ has been good to us, but I guess by now everyone knows the issues, specifically high taxes, insurance and major crowding. I've never been to TN (am looking forward to going in the fall) but it certainly sounds like what we're looking for (more affordable, slower pace, less crowded). Rolling hills and greenery sound like heaven - concrete, asphalt and strip malls are eating up NJ.

I've done a lot of online research and have pretty much determined that Hendersonville would be perfect for us. He drove through on his last couple of visits and agrees. Two of the subdivisions I found interesting are Riverchase and Point O' View.

We're in our early sixties and are in no need of schools. We would be selling our home here and would like to stay near 250K if possible.

Any input will be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 08:54 AM

19 posts, read 60,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
My DH is in the music business and has traveled back and forth to Nashville for at least 20 yrs. He's fallen in love with the area and the people and wants to move. I agree that it's time.

NJ has been good to us, but I guess by now everyone knows the issues, specifically high taxes, insurance and major crowding. I've never been to TN (am looking forward to going in the fall) but it certainly sounds like what we're looking for (more affordable, slower pace, less crowded). Rolling hills and greenery sound like heaven - concrete, asphalt and strip malls are eating up NJ.

I've done a lot of online research and have pretty much determined that Hendersonville would be perfect for us. He drove through on his last couple of visits and agrees. Two of the subdivisions I found interesting are Riverchase and Point O' View.

We're in our early sixties and are in no need of schools. We would be selling our home here and would like to stay near 250K if possible.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Hendersonville is a beautiful area, especially with the lake! The two subdivisions you mentioned are both great options, but very different!

Riverchase is a newer subdivision with great access to the expressway, the lots tend to be a little smaller than Point O'View. Riverchase is also located a little closer to Gallatin and the newer areas of Hendersonsville.

Point O'View is an older established neighborhood with larger lots. Most of the homes were built in the 70's to 80's. Point O'View is a little closer to Goodletsville area.

It really depends on your taste and which style home and location you prefer! I hope this info. helps!

Old 06-12-2009, 10:00 AM

Thank you Lisa - that info is very helpful! Point O' View sounds like the more suitable of the two, but we're going to keep our options open and of course consider others as well.

From other posts I've read it sounds as though Hendersonville really has no "bad" area and I'm really looking forward to my visit in the fall - it should be a beautiful time of year.

Thank you again,
Liz

Old 06-12-2009, 10:16 AM

56 posts, read 144,199 times
Default Realtor

My advice is to use a local Realtor who can do the research for you. I haven't found a great deal of info online regarding good vs bad areas of Hendersonville. We looked at just about every affordable area for over 6 months before we made our decision, but it was really our Realtor who led the way. There are some really great deals available and your Realtor will know where and what they are. We decided on new construction with a very convenient location. Good luck with your move. I know you will love TN!

Single Family Homes

There are some links to local subdivisions on the right that you might not have known about.

http://www.mid-tn.com/listing/index.php?type=MLS&city=hendersonvill

Old 06-14-2009, 02:42 AM

66 posts, read 303,196 times
I agree there are no bad areas of Hendersonville meaning it's safe in all areas. But, there are some areas that are considered more desirable than others. Both neighborhoods you mention are in nice areas. The Indian Lake peninsula where Point O View is located is considered to be more desirable than the Sanders Ferry/Walton Ferry peninsula, although there are some very nice homes on this peninsula as well. Homes off Wessington Place and New Shackle (from Gallatin Rd. to Knox Doss School) are considered to be in a less desirable area of Hendersonville. (They're not bad areas, just a little less desirable.) However, on New Shackle Island Rd, once you pass Knox Doss, there are some extremely nice and expensive homes. And, there are some nice subdivisions off Long Hollow Pike.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:58 PM

5 posts, read 18,856 times
I'm looking to move to hendersonville and would like to know what i can get in terms of renting for approc $900/mth?? i would love a nice 3 bed/2bath with a garage and small fenced yard. where i live now (out of state) this would easily be found in my price range but i'm just not sure it's possible in hendersonville? i would settle for 2 brs and no garage but just would love to hear opinions....if anyone know of any rentals available that would be great to. My biggest concern is being in a safe area. thank you!

Old 06-15-2009, 06:15 AM

Thank you all for the links and information. Hendersonville certainly sounds like the perfect place for us and I'm so looking forward to visiting in the fall.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:07 AM

56 posts, read 144,199 times
Default Rental Properties

Homes For Rent

Just driving around through the neighborhoods you will find homes with "For Rent" signs on them. I would also recommend a Realtor; call around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: