Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2009, 10:05 PM

8 posts, read 19,856 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
I will be moving to Nashville with my wife. We have a dog (poodle). I will be commuting from Nashville to Chicago (Monday - Friday) for my consulting job. My wife has got a job in Nashville in Brentwood. We are looking for townhome within $1200-1400 / month range.

Any place / neighborhood that you can suggest? Safety is my top most priority as I will be away for most of the week.

I really appreciate all your responses.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 04:02 PM

137 posts, read 630,029 times
commuting by plane or car ?

Old 06-21-2009, 04:05 PM

569 posts, read 1,424,672 times
I'm not an expert in that area...but...since your wife will be working in Brentwood, I would focus on renting something in that area. I would search Brentwood and even the Cool Springs area. Condos in Brentwood would probably be older than the ones in Cool Springs and there are TONS of condos/townhomes that have been built in that area over the years. There are several complexes on Old Hickory Blvd, just outside of Brentwood. I think one is called Fredericksburg. I had a friend that lived there and it was a nice complex. Sorry I can't give you specific info on a townhome, but I would think there should be several to choose from down there. As far as safety, I think anywhere in Brentwood or Cool Springs would be safe. It's an upscale area, not that something couldn't happen wherever you live, but overall I'm sure it's quite safe. Keep in mind that alot of things around Cool Springs are very "cookie cutter" looking, but if you are renting I think that area along with Brentwood would be the ideal place to live for a while, until you get to know the area better. I also think you shouldn't have a problem finding something, I searched craigslist and saw several in that price range that are in the Cool Springs/Brentwood area. Sorry I don't have more specific responses to your questions, hopefully it will be of some help.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:57 PM

625 posts, read 4,569,989 times
I would say try finding something in Greens Hills/Hillsboro Village area...around the area of Hillsboro Rd and 440. Craigslist is a good source. Your wife would have a reverse commute-it's probably 10-15 minutes to Brentwood down I65 from that area. And I'm not sure how the commute is from Green Hills to the airport-but it would generally be opposite of most traffic patterns but if you fly out early/late after "rush hour" it shouldn't matter. Green Hills is pretty safe and convenient to a lot of things. I just pulled this off craigslist (no affiliation) but it's the area I lived and it's pretty quiet if you don't have a unit facing 440 (the traffic can get loud)...but there is a decent amount of townhome/condo/duplex type housing around the area: Condo For Rent Green Hills Area (http://nashville.craigslist.org/apa/1226494157.html - broken link)

Or if you don't mind driving further to/from the airport, the Cool Springs area is nice and safe with many things to do.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:28 PM

137 posts, read 630,029 times
Fieldstone Farms is where you want to be. Plenty of rentals.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:22 AM

144 posts, read 465,466 times
The nearest townhomes in your price range would be around Nippers Corner (Old Hickory Blvd and Edmondson Pike). This is officially Nashville 37211, but is very close to Brentwood, and often called "Brentioch." One community to check out is Creekside of Brentwood. There are condos for rent there in your price range. You can have a realtor pull a list of listings for you.

I would avoid Green Hills because although on a map it's close to Brentwood, the traffic makes it a hassle to get from one to the other. Also, the rents are higher. You can get a newer, nicer, larger place around Nipper's Corner than around Green Hills.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:38 PM

8 posts, read 19,856 times
Default Thanks All

Thanks all for your responses. Sorry, I could not respond earlier. I am now looking at area near Old Hickory Blvd / Edmondson Pike and also Lenox Village.
Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: