Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 08:46 AM

3 posts, read 37,126 times

Advertisements

Hi

My family and I just got back from a trip to Nashville to scout neighborhoods to move to. We intend to rent or lease-to-own and are really interested in the vintage homes in the East Nashville area around Five Points.

We have to get out of our home back in Chicago first so may be looking at moving in the next six months or so.

So far we've been tracking homes on craigslist.org but wanted to find out if there are any other websites we can look at or realtors that specialize in rentals or rent-to-own/lease option - specifically in the East Nashville area, and specifically vintage homes in that area.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 09:07 AM

144 posts, read 465,716 times
Any realtor can pull the MLS listings that state lease/purchase options are available, although not every realtor knows how.

In this economy, some sellers who do not specifically state they will accept lease/purchase, may in fact accept it (especially if they've already purchased another home and moved). If you see a house for sale, you can always ask if lease purchase is an option.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:03 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,475 times
Go to www.realtracs.com and choose rental with the area code 37206. Good luck.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:40 PM

48 posts, read 160,538 times
You may also contact some real estate firms that have property management divisions and they can be on the hunt for you. The cost for this service is not expensive (I think they may charge you for the credit check as they screen for the landlords and handle lease agreements) but since you are from out of town this might help you to be able to stay ahead of what's being listed. I want to respect the board and not advertise anyone one firm but that service is available in the neighborhood.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:50 PM

150 posts, read 619,873 times
Default The East Nashville Listserv

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingSoonToo View Post
Hi

My family and I just got back from a trip to Nashville to scout neighborhoods to move to. We intend to rent or lease-to-own and are really interested in the vintage homes in the East Nashville area around Five Points.

We have to get out of our home back in Chicago first so may be looking at moving in the next six months or so.

So far we've been tracking homes on craigslist.org but wanted to find out if there are any other websites we can look at or realtors that specialize in rentals or rent-to-own/lease option - specifically in the East Nashville area, and specifically vintage homes in that area.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
The East Nashville Listserv: East Nashville | Google Groups is a great resource. You can visit the website and search for rentals posted. You could also join and say that you are looking to rent/rent-to-own and my guess is that you will have some good options presented to you fairly quickly. I have seen some really fabulous historic rentals on there.

One thing to bear in mind, new members are moderated which means it could be a few days before your first post shows up.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:56 AM

3 posts, read 37,126 times
Thanks for the replies everyone.

From Craigslist I'm seeing that anything listed as being specific to Historic East Nashville is in the $1500-$2200 range for rentals but others listed as simply East Nashville are on there for between $900-$1400.

This is for 3 bedroom houses.

Should I make assumptions about area based on price or is there a chance that there are decent homes in the $900-$1400 but I will need to do a lot of research on the particular street or area? And I shouldn't assume that a 3 bedroom in the $1500-$2200 range is automatically in a nicer area either?

Thanks

Old 06-26-2009, 01:02 PM

144 posts, read 465,716 times
The price can give you an idea, but it's not set in stone. You'll see higher prices in areas that are trying to profit off nearby areas appreciation. You'll see lower prices in good areas because the owner has owned the place for so many years and really has no idea what it's worth now, but doesn't care because they owe little or nothing on the house.

East Nashville is tricky. It's really street by street and block by block in a lot of areas. I own two houses over there (not for rent, sorry), so I love the area, but it's best to visit the property a few times at different times of day and night before you sign the lease.

I leased my last house out through craigslist, but overall I wouldn't be able to say I think it's the best place to find a rental.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:43 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,475 times
You also might want to look in the Eastwood Neighbors area. It's the neighborhood bordered by Eastland Ave, Gallatin Road, Douglas Ave, and Porter Road. You could probably find something in that range in that area. There's two coffee shops (Portland Brew, Ugly Mugs), Roseppers (Voted best Margarita in Nashville), Eastland Cafe (upscale restaurant), a smothie bar, a greek restaurant (Zavos), and The Family Wash (a restaurant/music venue) in the area. Plus Five Points is a 10 to 15 minute walk away (5 minutes by bike).

Old 08-08-2011, 11:41 PM

1 posts, read 12,930 times
was or is there any danger of flooding in the east end area

Old 08-09-2011, 12:17 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl DeGirolamo View Post
was or is there any danger of flooding in the east end area
From the Cumberland? No. 13-20 inches of rain in 36 hours will make any low lying area flood, though...

Wouldn't expect that anytime in the next year or 1,000, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville