Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2006, 03:40 PM

2 posts, read 9,489 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have three kids, ages 15,13, and 10. We have been in a suburb of Columbus Ohio our whole lives (although I was born in Memphis) and want to make a move to Tennessee. Nashville makes the most sense for us, since our two boys play hockey. I don't know where else in Tennessee there may be competitive hockey. We also love the music influence in Nashville. We have been looking for an older, historic but revitalized area with a top notch school system. We are very interested in a village setting, but close to Nashville. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2006, 07:57 PM

63 posts, read 302,633 times
Don't know about revitalized but neighborhoods,
Belle Meade
Forest Hills
Brentwood

Schools, I only went to private so,
Oak Hill Elementary
Battle Ground Academy (Franklin)
or Montgomery Bell Academy

Old 07-10-2006, 03:00 PM

11 posts, read 211,817 times
The response below responded to the schools part, but
I don't see any comments at all about the
desire for a village-y atmosphere and historic homes.

How old is the housing stock in these locations? Are there
historic homes available within reach of most people's
price range?

Is there any critical mass center to these neighborhoods at all?

Would like to see any comments/insight. thanks much

Quote:
Originally Posted by robivi3
Don't know about revitalized but neighborhoods,
Belle Meade
Forest Hills
Brentwood

Schools, I only went to private so,
Oak Hill Elementary
Battle Ground Academy (Franklin)
or Montgomery Bell Academy

Old 04-16-2007, 10:07 AM

29 posts, read 125,594 times
check out Lockeland Springs and West End in Nashville for beautiful Victorian/Craftsmen Bungalows and Large Older homes. I'd say many of the homes are late 19th to early 20th century With some possibly Mid 19th but those would be the exception. There are also several Antebellum mansions converted to museums scattered throughout the area such as Belle Meade Mansion, Two Rivers mansion, The Hermitage(Andrew Jackson's house) and Travellers rest.

http://www.eastendnashville.org/links.htm

http://www.lockelandsprings.org/

I personally have had very good experiences with Metro schools, I also have three children whom are in magnet and design schools. If your Children work hard they can get a great education in the Magnet program. There is a lottery involved but there are also neighborhood design schools that feed into the program.

http://www.mnps.org/Page2696.aspx

There is a good Hockey Program at Centenial Sports next to Centenial park.
check it out here
http://www.nashville.gov/sportsplex/

Old 04-16-2007, 10:21 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
Check into Franklin. In the historic downtown area, near the square and 5 points, you'll find homes like you describe. They won't be cheap, but they're beautiful!

Southern Ice hockey is in Franklin too, in the Cool Springs area.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville