Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2009, 03:43 PM

84 posts, read 312,715 times

Advertisements

I'm researching hotels for our scouting trip in August and the family wants an outdoor pool - so far everything I've found that looks nice has indoor pools. Any decent hotels pop to mind that have an outdoor pool? Oh - and we have to bring our 4 month old puppy - so it needs to be pet friendly.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 04:43 PM

97 posts, read 270,290 times
It seems to be an either/or situation. The Hyatt Place in Cool Springs has a beautiful outdoor pool, but they don't allow pets. The Cool Springs Embassy Suites allows pets, but their pool is inside. Almost none of the newer, nicer properties have outdoor pools, here or in cities I've traveled to recently. Indoor pools seem to be a trend in newer hotels.

There are several smaller, older, or cheaper places near the Interstate in Franklin which have outdoor pools. The neighborhood is safe and I would not hesitate to stay in any of them if I needed a place to spend the night while passing through, but I wouldn't stay at them for a multi-day visit because of a lack of amenities.

You said you have to bring the puppy. Would boarding the pup at a nice place in Cool Springs be an option? There is a luxury, all suite kennel in the heart of Cool Springs. Also, I know a Lab lover who might keep your puppy in their Franklin home. PM if you want me to inquire.

If you find a place to stay with the puppy, the Cool Springs area has tons of great places to walk the dog.

I just returned from vacation and had no problem finding places that welcomed my dog, but only one had an outdoor pool and it was an older place I wouldn't have stayed more than one night.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:32 PM

Thanks Wingz.......we decided to book with the new Residence Inn in Franklin. Perhaps after a day of sightseeing in the heat we'll welcome a cooler indoor atmosphere! Is the area dog friendly in general?? Will we be able to take her with us to outdoor cafes?? She will be almost 4 months old and will be in tow the whole time.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:07 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,335,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by labmom1 View Post
Thanks Wingz.......we decided to book with the new Residence Inn in Franklin. Perhaps after a day of sightseeing in the heat we'll welcome a cooler indoor atmosphere! Is the area dog friendly in general?? Will we be able to take her with us to outdoor cafes?? She will be almost 4 months old and will be in tow the whole time.
THE Cool Spings area has Subdivisions off to the side where that hotel is. Its mostly a Business Area. I doubt if you will have a problem walking the dog as many own dogs here. There are alot of Restaurants in that area. You can't take a dog into eating establishments.
I have a Friend that belongs to Nashville New Neighbors that does dog sitting, who has a huge yard close to that area.

Diane G

Old 08-13-2009, 12:56 AM

97 posts, read 270,290 times
You asked about dog friendliness and outdoor cafes. First, waking the puppy where you are staying - along Carothers is good if the puppy is not scared of cars. If he/she is, there is a paved trail close to your hotel. Cross Carothers, turn right and just past the rock wall is a trail to the left that winds around behind the Marriott and the office park away from the road.

I called the restaurants with outdoor seating that I could think of in the Cool Springs / Franklin area and asked about dogs. I'm sure there are others I haven't thought of, but this might help with dining out. Most "outdoor seating" in Franklin is just tables on the sidewalk, few have a patio area. The really nice places like Bonefish Grill & Carrabba's don't have outdoor tables, so these are not "fine dining".

Cool Springs - yes, dogs okay.
Bosco's (right outside your hotel)
Calypso Cafe
Moe's Southwestern Grill
McAllister's Deli
Bread and Company
Otter's Chicken

Franklin restaurants that allow dogs outside:
Stoveworks in the Factory (only open for lunch) "Outdoors" is in the
air conditioned mall.
Merridee's, closes at 5pm
Puckett's (next to Merridee's) wonderful food, locally owned. Best hamburger in the area.
McCreary's Irish Pub on Main Street.
Mercantile Deli, 4th and Main.
Henpeck Market (a general store and deli south of town)

No dogs allowed at:
Cozymel
Saffire in the Factory
Jonathan's Grill
McDougal's Chicken and Wings

Dan Mcguiness, a block from you said yes to dogs, but no children, they are 21 and over only. They didn't know if the dog had to be three years old or not (21 in dog years...).

Old 08-13-2009, 09:36 AM

Wingz you are fantastic - thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: