U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,327 times

Advertisements

Hi! I will be moving to Tennesse in January to attend to Technology center on White Bridge Road. I don't know anything about Nashville and I'm leaving from my small home town to better myself. I'm a little nervous hearing about all of the gang activity. I don't have a job and I'm trying to find a safe affordable place to stay. I am a honest, dependable lady. If anyone out there can help me, I would certainly appreciate it. I have outstanding references. Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 10:54 PM

6 posts, read 7,517 times
I totally understand what you are going through. My fiance and I recently moved here from western Nebraska. We have lived in Antioch for the last year. It is not terrible but the minute we found out our lease was going to be up we gave our notice. We are now moving into Legacy Hill apartments in the Bellevue area. It is between Bellevue and Belle Meade which is close to Nashville. The area has a great reputation and low crime. Usually properties are very expensive but we were able to move into this place because the rent is VERY affordable. Totally different from Nebraska but very reasonable for such a great area. You can check it out at legacyhillapts.com. If you have any other questions...let me know!

Old 09-15-2009, 12:22 PM

6,291 posts, read 15,833,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcart View Post
I totally understand what you are going through. My fiance and I recently moved here from western Nebraska. We have lived in Antioch for the last year. It is not terrible but the minute we found out our lease was going to be up we gave our notice. We are now moving into Legacy Hill apartments in the Bellevue area. It is between Bellevue and Belle Meade which is close to Nashville. The area has a great reputation and low crime. Usually properties are very expensive but we were able to move into this place because the rent is VERY affordable.
I agree that that's a pretty nice area. I'm surprised you're happy living at the Legacy Hill Apartments however; everything I've ever heard about them is negative. I've never been in one of the units but from the outside they look like they were cheaply built.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:01 PM

879 posts, read 1,619,055 times
Yeah, Bellevue is safe and on the west side of town kind of near White Bridge Road. If you plan on buying I would look into Charlotte Park. It's a "transitional" neighborhood but it's getting better. As far as Legacy Hill, I can totally relate to the poster from Nebraska. I moved from Antioch to Bellevue over ten years ago. I lived in those cluster of apts near Hickory Hollow Mall. While my apt physically looking wise was muuuch nicer looking than the duplex I moved to in Bellevue, I was relieved to move to a different area. And not cracking on Antioch (there are some areas that are fine down there) just the Hickory Hollow Mall area, I was there when it first started the decline (It didn't help I lived in an apt that a drug dealer lived in before me, gotta love people in hoodies knocking on your door at 2AM on a Tuesday night).

Old 09-15-2009, 02:11 PM

"I agree that that's a pretty nice area. I'm surprised you're happy living at the Legacy Hill Apartments however; everything I've ever heard about them is negative. I've never been in one of the units but from the outside they look like they were cheaply built."

I have not moved into Legacy Hill as of yet but we have known some people who have lived there and they said that it was just fine to live in. They have remodeled many of their apartments so they are gorgeous on the inside. The kitchen and master closets are amazing! The outside isn't too terrible...my fiance was actually impressed more by the outside there than any of the other apartments we were looking at in our price range. When we were viewing the apartment, it was stressed to us that the apartment was to be our home so we could do what we wanted in order to be comfortable. I kind of liked this thinking. You also have to realize that after living in the Antioch area, anything is going to be better, considering the area I live in anyway. Also, when looking at apartments, I wouldn't suggest looking at the ratings...it is good to get an idea but looking at MANY apartment ratings, most of them will be negative. Most people who have a good experience aren't going to complain so they don't put down a rating. We have learned that it is all about attitude...people will treat you the way you treat them!

Old 09-15-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
I have not moved into Legacy Hill as of yet but we have known some people who have lived there and they said that it was just fine to live in.
I hope you enjoy the move. One of the biggest complains I've heard about Legacy Hill was the noise; I think I remember someone saying they could hear a mouse sneeze in the apartment next door. There might have been some complains about the management of the apartments as well; I can't remember exactly.

Quote:
I wouldn't suggest looking at the ratings...it is good to get an idea but looking at MANY apartment ratings, most of them will be negative.
I wasn't going by any kind of rating service. I've lived in Bellevue for almost 25 years and know many people who have lived in many of the apartment complexes in the area. That's why I was surprised by your recommendation of LH. I missed that you didn't actually live in the apartments yet.

In any event, if after you move, you decide Legacy Hill isn't right for you there's a number of nicer apartment communities in the area.

Good luck.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:44 PM

31 posts, read 70,678 times
good for you, karlalucy. i can relate; i'm 23, single, female, and if my parents hadn't been born and raised in nashville and i didn't have some relatives here, i would be nervous too. i know a little about west nashville because my realtor is located out there and she showed me some homes in some nice parts of that area. sylvan heights is kind of up-and-coming but it's a lot of smaller houses and many of them are rental properties. if you're going west on charlotte, there is a shopping center down there called nashville west that is nice and is brand new. i saw some apartments down near there. it's very near white bridge. there's also a street called American Rd. which has "car" street names (Thunderbird Rd, Ford Rd, etc) off Charlotte and I have a friend who rents a house down there. it is a very quiet somewhat older neighborhood. there's always bellevue but i'm not really familiar with that area. since your school is in west nashville, i would advise living in west nashville. not having to take the interstate every day will save you a lot of heartache i think.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:46 PM

Alleycat...I appreciate all of your comments. It's great to have people criticize in a positive way rather than just telling you that you are wrong!! There are other places in Bellevue we would have loved to move into but they just weren't in our price range as we are planning a wedding. I know people have complained about noise and things like that. The manager seems like she could be evil if you get on her bad side but we aren't needy people so I don't think we will have a problem. She has been there for eight years so that shows something. Luckly we will be moving under an elderly lady so the noise won't be too bad and we're quiet people so we shouldn't have problem. It is so scary to move to a new place when you don't know what to expect! I'm hoping we will be happy there and we are very excited about the Bellevue area. It is gorgeous and seems like an upgrade from where we are now!

Old 09-15-2009, 10:52 PM

I think you'll enjoy Bellevue. Be sure to visit the Warner Parks; take a drive down the Natchez Trace Parkway; eat at the Loveless Cafe, Antonio's, and the City Limits Cafe. Shopping is a little limited in the Bellevue area, but we have most of the "big box" types of stores in the area or nearby, along with a Super Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, and Publix.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:59 PM

Thanks for the advice. We are always looking for something to do that isn't going to break the bank! I'm just excited to learn about the community and feel a little more at home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville