Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 01:48 PM

427 posts, read 1,307,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovamos View Post
OK I'm sure there is a very simple but so didactic answer forthcoming as to why West Meade was so Euro-American. It's lecture time folks. Get ready for words like "oppression", etc, it's so very simple. The U.S. IS such a bad, sad place ya know, simple enough.

Actually instead of this lecture, how about one in which it is explained how my growing up experience was unhealthy for me, and how this must surely manifest at present.

So far as Oaxaca goes, Mestizo is the predominant ethnicity by FAR. There are a few full blooded natives (of pre-Colombian lineage) in the hills and villages, one of which I tried to converse with in Spanish. The cultural milieu of the area is solid Mexican. There is no huge clamoring for "multiculturalism" in Oaxaca by unhappy groups -- theoretically unhappy with Mexican culture, and wanting more Euro-Mexicanism for example, or more Afro-Mexicanism. Thankfully "multiculturalism" hasn't addled brains too much down there.
The answer to why West Meade was all white is very simple, and your reaction to the issues of multiculturalism and diversity are a partial answer to your other question.

I'm not into lecturing. I prefer people figure things out on their own. Notice my brief posts, as opposed to your lengthier ones.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 PM

13 posts, read 51,343 times
[SIZE=3]I find it fascinating how people attack and question what they don’t understand. I would encourage anyone that wonders why I entered this posting to move into an African American community, Pimpy recommended East St. Louis or Compton. Again thank you to everyone that has helped me to identify some communities where we will be comfortable.[/SIZE]

Old 10-06-2009, 12:47 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Ok, enough is enough. Thread locked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville