Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:15 AM

1,363 posts, read 4,267,486 times

Advertisements

After talking with my husband, we agreed that the pizza at Joey's is good & their eggplant parm is fantastic.

For plain cheese pizza like NY, we both had to agree that the NYPD pizza in Mt. Juliet (Providence shpping center) has the best.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:46 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,831,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleTNresident View Post
A trip to Brentwood would be something like 70 miles roundtrip for me.....for pizza? I love a good pizza but it takes a whole lotta love to make that journey. Any suggestions for places closer to White House, TN?

To Hendersonville NY'rs: How is that pizza place that took over the Saylor's pizza restaurant? I think the new business is called Papa's.

I can't eat most franchise pizza. It makes me sick (literally). Must be poor food handling practices or something. Just about the only pizza fix I can accept now is Sbarro's in the Rivergate Mall (just about any mall). They originated in NY.

I haven't tried Papa's but I think the best Pizza in Hendersonville is Knead Dough on New Shackle Island Rd. I think it opened about a year ago.

There's also a new place opening soon called Sicilian Pizza on Gallatin Rd.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:24 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,486,657 times
You guys tried Caesar's at Lions Head or Mafiaosa's in 12South?

Old 11-23-2009, 10:58 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,081,923 times
I love when threads talk about pizza.

I've only had Mellow and Flying Pie (?). Both were pretty good. I want to try Joey's and now House of Pizza.

As for moving to Nashville from NY - you'll love it. Now the Predators don't have the support that the Rangers or even Isles have, so buy some tickets.

Titans are usually pretty solid, but you will feel fine if you are a Jets fan. If you are a Giants fan, you'll still be okay.

Baseball - Nashville Sounds. Haven't been.

Hoops - well there's a missing point. Vandy has been pretty good in hoops the past few years.

Soccer - well you won't have Red Bull to kick around, you have the Metros - Nashville Metros. Team is always in disarray, so that will be just like home.

College sports - you got some choices.

By the way, I lived in CT for six years - loved the east coach, and now in Alabama, but ready to move to Nashville as soon as I can.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:04 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,704,942 times
As long as they're not Catholic, they should be fine. Yankee & Catholic? Well, we can only forgive one thing at a time.

LOL, just kidding! This thread & the Catholic thread are cracking me up. Why do people think we are so backwards here? My husband and I are the only TN natives on our street. Nashville is a melting pot. Small southern towns may still see new people as "outsiders" but Nashville seems to have as many transplants as originals. It's a great town! Now tell him to bring us all some pizza and we will get along really well.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
As long as they're not Catholic, they should be fine. Yankee & Catholic? Well, we can only forgive one thing at a time.

LOL, just kidding! This thread & the Catholic thread are cracking me up. Why do people think we are so backwards here? My husband and I are the only TN natives on our street. Nashville is a melting pot. Small southern towns may still see new people as "outsiders" but Nashville seems to have as many transplants as originals. It's a great town! Now tell him to bring us all some pizza and we will get along really well.
Let me explain, or maybe sum up

In the northeast they can find a Catholic church on every corner, (more so for me back in New Orleans), so they won't find as many churches, but they will not have any problems for being Catholic (This is not Glasgow).

Let's face it - Yankees can sometimes come off as rude - but that's just a few, probably the same percentage you would find in Nashville (well its probably higher in NYC). However, that said, when I moved from New Orleans to CT in 2002 I found so many friendly people I was shocked. Now, I found NY more friendly than Boston, but I blame that on Belichek. (I blame most everything on him).

New Yorkers have that reputation, but honestly, I love my NY buddies. Great people. Now some of them are way more liberal than I am, but that's okay too (not really, but just to be nice)

One other negative for Nashville - if you like English rock music, many of the bands will skip Nashville, but the good news is you are about 7 hours from Chicago so they should be there or only 4 hours from Atlanta.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:37 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,704,942 times
FCEddie- I wasn't responding to your post. Just poking fun of the general idea that Nashvillians (is that a word?) will be unaccepting of certain people. You gave lots of helpful info in you post.

I had a job where I traveled around the US and a couple of places in Canada for a year. I met nice people every where. I think happy, nice people can make a good life wherever they live. It doesn't mean that every place will be your favorite. Iowa was definitely not somewhere I would choose to live. It was too rural (even in the cities), too cold & snowy, and too far from a beach for me. But the people were very nice. So if I had to move there one day, I'm sure I could be happy.

I don't want people to be afraid to move here and have a bad experience because of their perceived fears.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
FCEddie- I wasn't responding to your post. Just poking fun of the general idea that Nashvillians (is that a word?) will be unaccepting of certain people. You gave lots of helpful info in you post.

I had a job where I traveled around the US and a couple of places in Canada for a year. I met nice people every where. I think happy, nice people can make a good life wherever they live. It doesn't mean that every place will be your favorite. Iowa was definitely not somewhere I would choose to live. It was too rural (even in the cities), too cold & snowy, and too far from a beach for me. But the people were very nice. So if I had to move there one day, I'm sure I could be happy.

I don't want people to be afraid to move here and have a bad experience because of their perceived fears.

Sorry Brentwood girl, I knew you weren't, but I was just trying to add a bit of color and humor.

Now moving to NYC from Nashville - Yikes!!!

That would be a tough move if you ask me, but it can be done and is done by people every day.

Nashville a very nice place, and I do want to live there - hopefully in 2010!

Old 11-23-2009, 03:36 PM

297 posts, read 1,076,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Barb View Post
After talking with my husband, we agreed that the pizza at Joey's is good & their eggplant parm is fantastic.

For plain cheese pizza like NY, we both had to agree that the NYPD pizza in Mt. Juliet (Providence shpping center) has the best.
NYPD pizza is now called New York New York pizza. I am not sure if it is owned by the same people, but either way, the pizza is not good. Nor is Joey's. In fact, Joey's is probably one of the worst pizzas in Nashville. Even Pizza Perfect and Mafioza's is better. I think Sal's is the best, but that's not saying much.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:45 PM

BP300, where are you from originally if you don't mind me asking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville